What is the best ending for Hicks?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 07, 2020, 09:49:57 PM

Author
What is the best ending for Hicks? (Read 2,978 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Due to the population of Fiorina 161, I don't think killing Newt offscreen was a bad idea at all. But what about Hicks. Do you believe he deserved a different destiny in AlienĀ³?

irn

irn

I like what Alien 3 did. Space is bleak and dangerous. We all wanted a happy ending but the horrors of space said no.

StrangeShape

It could have been interesting to have a marine stuck among these kind of people, but it's I think even more interesting that it's poor Ripley alone, stripped of any protectors or partners, facing the alien and the criminals herself

SM

SM

Some of the stuff they did in the original comic was decent in regards to Hicks (if you can ignore the fact he abandoned Newt to a mental hospital for 10 years).

Rankles75

Quote from: SM on May 08, 2020, 12:21:40 AM
Some of the stuff they did in the original comic was decent in regards to Hicks (if you can ignore the fact he abandoned Newt to a mental hospital for 10 years).

Yeah, there were some solid stories there. Certainly much better than what that film did with him.

Nightmare Asylum

As someone that has a username based on those stories... I prefer Alien 3. :D

StrangeShape

Oh yes definitely.  Lots of great ideas like the fact that he became that scarred outsider to even his own fellow marines. But in Alien 3 he wouldnt really fit and its stronger without him

SM

SM

Yeah the scarred outsider wasn't a bad take.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: irn on May 07, 2020, 10:02:18 PMI like what Alien 3 did. Space is bleak and dangerous. We all wanted a happy ending but the horrors of space said no.

This. I've never really enjoyed any of the alternative post-Aliens Hicks stories.

The comic started off in a good place, but once it set off into space I just found it to be a bland rehash of plot points the films already did far better. Gibson's screenplay is a fun alternate but I much prefer the movie we got. The less said about ACM the better.

Kradan

Kradan

I've got the impression he was in the jail or something at the beginning of Earth Hive. Or was he ?

SM

SM

Stockade.  He was in on drunk and disorderly charges.

Kradan

Kradan

I meant, maybe he was put in there for his actions in Aliens ? You know, for 10 years ? I'd say that's a good reason to abandon Newt.

SM

SM

That's not what happened though.

Local Trouble

I imagine Hicks would be pretty pissed off after getting ten years in Leavenworth for nothing.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SM on May 08, 2020, 11:47:55 PM
That's not what happened though.

Damn !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed