Biehn Interview - Newt's Inclusion Confirmed

Started by Xenomorphine, Nov 20, 2015, 01:28:22 AM

Author
Biehn Interview - Newt's Inclusion Confirmed (Read 46,671 times)

Corporal Hicks

I still dislike the concept of a retcon in my Alien films. As HuDa says, it's very much a comic book element and not something I'd like in Alien. However, I still standby that if it ends up being a good film that is actually superior to Alien 3 then I'll take it.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2016, 08:45:21 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 25, 2016, 11:02:30 PMHicks you still think the Blomkamp film has a chance?  Have you seed Deadpool?  I mean the way that film came together, and seeing how OTC a retcon, doesn't that make you want to believe in Blomkamp's idea a bit more?

No. Constant retcons should stay with comic books where the concept has infinite precedents.

I don't want that kind of thing being introduced to more serious film series.

Once again here I am looking for that 'like' button...

Corporal Hicks

Jennifer Blanc-Biehn (Michael's wife) has been tweeting some Alien 5 related articles, including a retweet of this one. I replied saying that she'd spoken out against that interview and she replied with: "we can only go on official announcements   :)"

https://twitter.com/jenniferblancb/status/726304173789052928

Ash 937

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2016, 08:54:43 AM
I still dislike the concept of a retcon in my Alien films. As HuDa says, it's very much a comic book element and not something I'd like in Alien. However, I still standby that if it ends up being a good film that is actually superior to Alien 3 then I'll take it.

That'll be a tough thing to do.  Alien3 is the best Alien film since 1992 imo.

Vermillion

Love the ending of Aliens.

Hate the beginning of Alien3.

Now that i have kids...I feel for Ripley and Newt. 

windebieste

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 30, 2016, 07:40:24 AM
Jennifer Blanc-Biehn (Michael's wife) has been tweeting some Alien 5 related articles, including a retweet of this one. I replied saying that she'd spoken out against that interview and she replied with: "we can only go on official announcements   :)"

https://twitter.com/jenniferblancb/status/726304173789052928

"we can only go on official announcements   :)"

6 months ago. 

Bottom.  Of.  Page.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

I forgot to mention that I also asked if Michael had been misquoted during that original interview to which Jennifer replied: " I don't think exactly.  No. It's always hard when its second hand" So it's still pretty unclear to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed