Pre-production on new Alien film will start next week

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Mar 05, 2015, 11:06:59 AM

Author
Pre-production on new Alien film will start next week (Read 28,701 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Prometheus: The film didn't feel rushed at all. What was wrong with Prometheus is that you had a writer who re-wrote the film and treated the audience like they were stupid. The ridiculous foreshadowing, the huge gaps in logic, the inane characters, very little made sense. Ridley Scott signed off on it. The very idea that he agreed to make the film with a script that weak, speaks more to his competency as a director then Lindelof's ability as a writer.

I'm anxious to see Chappie. Im expecting a good time. I'm sure it will do decent money.

I don't know what to expect with Blomkamp's Alien film. I'm not going to spoil myself that's for sure. Paramount is chemistry between Weaver and Biehn. If they don't geta the chemistry right, the film could end up playing as awkward as Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I have great faith, but I'm also very cautious. At this point, I don't even care about a Prometheus sequel. It's all about Ripley as far as I'm concerned. The heart of the Alien saga is about normal people in an abnormal situation. The aliens are just the circus side show. The real bad guy is the company. It always has been.

RakaiThwei

Entering production so soon? They're REALLY pushing for this!!

Born Of Cold Light

We have a season director with a passion and a strong, clear vision of what he wants backed by an enthusiastic company.  As of now, I'm not too worried.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

If the movie comes out in 2017 then they better find a good release date soon. So far May - July and November seem to be pretty pack. Fox already has The Wolverine 2 coming out in March 2017, I don't think Fox wants to move their bigger money maker to a different release month. November has Thor 3, Justice League and a new Grinch movie coming that month. Maybe 2018 will be better for Alien 5?

Doggo33

I thought it was a given that she was going to be in the film. That's really been the boost that's caused it to be taken on as a project.

Jarac

I'd imagine that they want to shoot for a late 2017 - mid 2018 release, because they hype will be going strong still. 2019 would be a bit too long.

Infected

Some artwork in reality form.

Valaquen

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 05, 2015, 07:51:45 PM
Entering production so soon? They're REALLY pushing for this!!

He already spent time writing or conceptualising it. Months if not a year of work on the side. Cameron did the same with Aliens, writing it during The Terminator's post-production. This will be the official writing/designing phase, not actual production. That'll probably in the summer.

Lord Walters

Lord Walters

Blomkamp doesn't seem like the right choice to me at all...And the more I listen about his ideas for this film the more I dislike...I'm getting ready to just choose to ignore his movie altogether versus the awesome Alien 3 Assembly Cut.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 05, 2015, 06:38:15 PM
I almost have to wonder if they let all this Alien 5 stuff drop when it did because they knew Chappie wasn't going to be well received. Like Blomkamp was already trying to change the subject before Chappie even hit theaters.

That was my take from the beginning. Blomkamp went onto Instagram to look for a job.

Ash 937

FOX needs something to go up against Star Wars now that it belongs to Disney.  The Alien franchise is their answer.

Vrastal

I dont trust Blomkamp. Dont know why but i just dont

T Dog

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 05, 2015, 07:20:05 PM
Prometheus: The film didn't feel rushed at all. What was wrong with Prometheus is that you had a writer who re-wrote the film and treated the audience like they were stupid. The ridiculous foreshadowing, the huge gaps in logic, the inane characters, very little made sense. Ridley Scott signed off on it. The very idea that he agreed to make the film with a script that weak, speaks more to his competency as a director then Lindelof's ability as a writer.

Ridley's movies have always only been as good as his screenplays. He obviously isn't a very good judge of writing. He gets things to a point of being shootable and bangs out the movie. The plots are usually very straight forward and the characters two dimensional but that will do him if he can put in a shiny set piece or two.

It's funny because a friend and I were discussing older directors that just shit out their movies and ocsassionally make a good one. We were talking about Woody Allen, Clint Eastwood and Ridley. But the big difference with Ridley is that he makes films that require an insane amount of work compared to his peers.

CainsSon

I realize it sucks that I cannot cite the source, but an article I read last week, reported that Blomkamp had already written what would at least amount to a draft of the script or an entire treatment during Post on Chappie. So, my take is it will just require a polish.  He certainly had enough to explain the entire 'end of ripley's tale' to Siggy Weavzer.

Lord Walters

Lord Walters

Nazrel, I know exactly how you feel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed