Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails"

Started by Tough little S.O.B., Mar 02, 2015, 05:41:34 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails" (Read 81,329 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I don't think Scott had anything to do with Blomkamp's pitch.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 02, 2015, 06:09:25 PM
I don't think Scott had anything to do with Blomkamp's pitch.

I didn't say he did. I'm just saying it seems like he did, or I'm assuming he's happy given his desire to write over the two AvP films.

Infected

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Mar 02, 2015, 05:41:34 PM
http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/23891/1/neill-blomkamp-wants-to-take-alien-back-to-its-roots
"It's the inverse in that now I get to make the third film of the first two, which I think never happened. I think they made the first two and then went off the rails with these other ones. I wanna try as a fan to fill in that gap. It all stems from being probably one of the most ego-less directors in Hollywood and I think that that plays a big role. If you're inward focused and narcissistic and thinking about your fans then that's when weird shit starts happening. If you stay grounded then you can make stuff that actually is balanced and has something to say. I don't want to give much away but what I can say confidently is that Alien and Aliens are my favourite films and where it went after Aliens was incorrect to me as a fan. I didn't want that world, I wanted the first two and that's what I want to go back to."

it seems that now is quite clear that a3 and AR will be dismissed. At least that's what he wants, that the studio agrees and its what finally happens it's another thing.

Im pretty curious about Fincher's opinion on that.
Amen to that!

RakaiThwei

To be fair, the AvP, Alien 3 and Resurrection films... I don't think they're being written out. They're just ignored. Not acknowledged in anyway, even if they were to be written out they'd have to be acknowledged.. which in this case, might not necessarily be so.

Valaquen

During the making of Alien 3 Fincher expressed a desire to burn the whole thing down and start anew. He didn't really like anything about the script or story but hands were tied due to the millions pumped into the production. I imagine he'd be a little envious of Blomkamp right now; a young director with some films to his name, which is the only thing Fincher was lacking at the time - a resume with a critically acclaimed film on it. Either that or he wouldn't care; he despises his entry in the series.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 02, 2015, 06:14:38 PM
To be fair, the AvP, Alien 3 and Resurrection films... I don't think they're being written out. They're just ignored. Not acknowledged in anyway, even if they were to be written out they'd have to be acknowledged.. which in this case, might not necessarily be so.

You get what I mean

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 02, 2015, 06:07:44 PM
I like how clearly, Ridley has some hand behind all this in allowing it to happen. First it was totally wiping the AvP films canon Weyland background, now writing over Alien3/Alien:R. It's clear, that at least the thought going around is "Hey, why don't, give this another shot, and see where it takes us." Someone up top knows the potential the franchise has. (even though I love Alien 3)

I hope he had been as thoughtful when doing that prometheus crap...

NetworkATTH

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Mar 02, 2015, 06:21:48 PM
I like how clearly, Ridley has some hand behind all this in allowing it to happen. First it was totally wiping the AvP films canon Weyland background, now writing over Alien3/Alien:R. It's clear, that at least the thought going around is "Hey, why don't, give this another shot, and see where it takes us." Someone up top knows the potential the franchise has. (even though I love Alien 3)

It's not that bad.

Adam802

http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/23891/1/neill-blomkamp-wants-to-take-alien-back-to-its-roots
"It's the inverse in that now I get to make the third film of the first two, which I think never happened. I think they made the first two and then went off the rails with these other ones. I wanna try as a fan to fill in that gap. It all stems from being probably one of the most ego-less directors in Hollywood and I think that that plays a big role. If you're inward focused and narcissistic and thinking about your fans then that's when weird shit starts happening. If you stay grounded then you can make stuff that actually is balanced and has something to say. I don't want to give much away but what I can say confidently is that Alien and Aliens are my favourite films and where it went after Aliens was incorrect to me as a fan. I didn't want that world, I wanted the first two and that's what I want to go back to."

it seems that now is quite clear that a3 and AR will be dismissed. At least that's what he wants, that the studio agrees and its what finally happens it's another thing.

Awesome.  I think its pretty obvious at this point that Alien V will ignore A3 and A:R.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 02, 2015, 06:22:37 PM

It's not that bad.

horrible.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Mar 02, 2015, 06:25:21 PM

It's not that bad.

horrible.

Flawed.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 02, 2015, 06:25:45 PM

It's not that bad.

horrible.

Flawed.
Abominable!

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Adam802 on Mar 02, 2015, 06:22:45 PM

Awesome.  I think its pretty obvious at this point that Alien V will ignore A3 and A:R.

At least that this are his intentions...what happens finally we will see.

Quote from: Omegazilla on Mar 02, 2015, 06:26:16 PM

It's not that bad.

horrible.

Flawed.
Abominable!

THE FLUTE.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: Omegazilla on Mar 02, 2015, 06:26:16 PM

It's not that bad.

horrible.

Flawed.
Abominable!

I didn't like Dredd either.

OmegaZilla

See, now that's a crime! :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed