Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh

Started by The Runner, Apr 06, 2019, 07:47:42 PM

Author
Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh (Read 42,658 times)

Huggs

Nature blesses some more than others.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 12, 2021, 10:35:00 PM
It's funny that the inner jaw's probably the longest it's ever got up to that point in time during the pool scene, but in the above scene they're probably the shortest ever, never mind having working limbs at all.

Or tails. 

Voodoo Magic

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Apr 13, 2021, 11:50:30 AM
It's funny that the inner jaw's probably the longest it's ever got up to that point in time during the pool scene, but in the above scene they're probably the shortest ever, never mind having working limbs at all.

Or tails.

I thought the tail counted as a limb.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 13, 2021, 12:54:30 PM

Or tails.

Hmm. It probably depends on the tail I presume. A tail that can grasp like a Spider Monkey's can fit the definition, perhaps? I must caveat here that I am not a limb expert. ;D

Kradan

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 13, 2021, 04:04:53 AM
Nature blesses some more than others.

That post was first on the page so I've thought you were talking about bad dialogue

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 13, 2021, 01:06:50 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 13, 2021, 12:54:30 PM

Or tails.

Hmm. It probably depends on the tail I presume. A tail that can grasp like a Spider Monkey's can fit the definition, perhaps? I must caveat here that I am not a limb expert. ;D

I suppose it's more an appendage.

SiL

Limbs are jointed (arms, legs, wings) or capable of grasping (so some tails, octopus arms). Otherwise it's an appendage.

Immortan Jonesy

I can imagine Stompy doing that  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Jedi Wolf's steel abs would never feel it.

Kradan

Kradan

I think you meant this bad boy:

Spoiler
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The scene Dale tells Dallas and the sheriff to get off the town while they still can, and Dallas the douche tells him to shut up and that they need guns  ::)

That clearly was the smartest thing to do, a thing that a reasonable movie watcher could think of, and the movie basically tells you to shut up in order to keep existing. Damn that sucked ass so much.

Drukathi

The opening scene - predatorz were so stupid, that they put the Space Jockey's helmet on the trophy wall. :P

Wweyland

Everything about the Predalien chestburster and its birth is wrong but that already started with the last movie.
Just to list some of the issues:

Scar doesn't realize he is facehugged or he just doesn't care.
The Queen doesn't care about killing an infected host (probably last of her kind surviving on Earth?).
A stab through the chest with a massive tail doesn't kill the Predalien chestburster
The Predators with "Chestburster vision" don't realize Scar is infected or just don't care.
The Predators wear full "war gear" inside their ships
The Predators use their shoulder cannon in their fragile ship, making it crash
A Predator decides to call for Wolf's help, even he could just as easily activate to self-destruct (is he hoping to survive?)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Wweyland on May 10, 2021, 06:42:07 AM
Scar doesn't realize he is facehugged or he just doesn't care.
The Queen doesn't care about killing an infected host (probably last of her kind surviving on Earth?).
A stab through the chest with a massive tail doesn't kill the Predalien chestburster
The Predators with "Chestburster vision" don't realize Scar is infected or just don't care.

To be fair, these are AvP's not Requiem's problems

1. What he was supposed to do ? Commit Predator seppuku ? By the time other Preds arrived he was dead already and couldn't tell them

2. Queen was really pissed off

3. Well, yeah, that's hard to argue. Maybe she missed it

4 These Preds weren't wearing their masks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed