Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh

Started by The Runner, Apr 06, 2019, 07:47:42 PM

Author
Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh (Read 43,561 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 12, 2020, 12:28:24 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 10, 2020, 12:19:46 AM
I like it too, and felt it was executed rather well.

Poor Ricky. He was 5 seconds away from grabbing them cheeks and "SHOW ME..SAND THE FLOOR!"

I was just expecting a little consensual Wax-On, Wax-Off.

Dingbat

A bit that always get's me is after that guy get's his keyes thrown in the sewers and climbs through the window and his brother is like:"You got a problem with the door?"

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

The part where Jesse breaks character, becomes a coward and runs away from the group. Running through the hospital, with no clue where she's going, where any number of aliens could be just around the corner, and gets pinned by wolf's shuriken. A text book example of contrived writing.

Hey, that little love story between her and Ricky really paid off in the end, didn't it?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The "are you looking at me or the clock" line  ::)

Kradan

Kradan

All I know is that I as a viewer certainly wasn't looking at the clock

Is it me or Wolf's wristblades are ridiculously short and thin ?

BigDaddyJohn

:laugh:

Definitely shorter and thinner than in the other movies.

Jigsaw85

When Wolf pointlessly kills officer Ray and takes the time to skin him instead of just dissolving the body with blue liquid.

the opening in the theatrical version where the film tries to pass off that pathetic little scout ship for the massive mother ship at the end of the first AVP. They actually took the time to animate that scene with the scout ship breaking off from the mother ship, only to delete it. For what? to save a few seconds on the running time?

Kradan

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 12, 2021, 09:14:41 PM
:laugh:

Definitely shorter and thinner than in the other movies.

Jigsaw85

Whenever they shamelessly reused sound effects from previous movies. Like giving Wolf the Newborn's roar.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jan 14, 2021, 09:56:58 PM
Whenever they shamelessly reused sound effects from previous movies. Like giving Wolf the Newborn's roar.

Wait what ? In what scene ?  :o

Jigsaw85

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 14, 2021, 10:57:30 PM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jan 14, 2021, 09:56:58 PM

Wait what ? In what scene ?  :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZP0CJjj7No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM_5kNPCHDc

At 1:31

AliceApocalypse

That's quite a catch!

Kradan

Indeed it its

BigDaddyJohn

Well, good ears !

Jigsaw85

When Dallas and Eddie drive to the school to see the alien Ricky told them attacked him. They didn't bring backup, Dallas doesn't even have a gun and the kids are in the back of the police van. :laugh: Once they see blood all over the place, they get in the police van and Eddie tries to call dispatch, and the radio stops working, and then later the cell phones stop working. Originally, I thought this was just a contrivance to keep the characters isolated but it turns out the military was jamming all communication frequencies in Gunnison. At this point in the movie the only people who have seen an alien are Ricky, Jesse, Dale, Kelly and Molly. Ricky tells Dallas and Eddie and all they do is go to the school, Kelly and Molly just run until they meet the others at the gun store. So how the hell does the military know ANYTHING about what's going on in Gunnison before the characters in Gunnison even know? And this all BEFORE the national guard shows up. Colonel Stevens looks at a monitor that shows O.W.L.F contamination levels, implying he knows exactly what the aliens are and how they work but then he looks at an image of an Alien on his monitor and asks "What the f**k are you?" Every fiber of this movie doesn't make any sense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed