Will Aliens, Alien 3 and A:R get 4K upscalings?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 03, 2019, 01:39:48 PM

Author
Will Aliens, Alien 3 and A:R get 4K upscalings? (Read 13,452 times)

Local Trouble

They think it's crud.

Nukiemorph

They did put the effort in to finish the audio for the assembly cut on blu-ray...

I was really surprised by that.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, likewise.

Still, I highly doubt they'd be prepared to put in the kind of effort and expense required to fix up all those effects shots when Alien 3 has such a minor following compared to the first two.

Corporal Hicks

Depends if they thought there'd be appeal in it. I think there would be. How much further that would expand outside of the fandom is the question, though.

HuDaFuK

As far as appeal goes, I'm guessing the only reason we got the cleaned-up/re-recorded audio on the Blu-ray was because so many people were saying how much better they thought the extended cut was after the Quadrilogy came out. I even recall a few serious review sites posting articles about it being an improvement when I doubt they'd otherwise mentioned the film in years.

But at the end of the day, I can only assume getting Lance Henriksen back in the studio for a couple of hours is considerably cheaper (not to mention far less time-consuming) than digitally overhauling all those effects shots would be. And as the Anthology seems pretty definitive and only a few die-hard fans are likely to double-dip for another release of the third movie, I still say I'd be mightily surprised if they went through with it.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, unfortunately I wouldn't bet on it happening.

Voodoo Magic

Disnox Alien3 retcon incoming.

The Old One

The Old One

Unless you're going to go for a retcon.
It's part of the series chronology and deserves the best treatment available.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 12, 2019, 05:30:20 PM
Unless you're going to go for a retcon.
It's part of the series chronology and deserves the best treatment available.

Especially to one who prefers Alien3 over Aliens!  ;)

The Old One

The Old One

Or over either Alien or Aliens.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 12, 2019, 05:35:12 PM
Or over either Alien or Aliens.

Wowie! Alien3 over both?

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah. It's my favourite.

But quality wise? Alien > Aliens, Alien³.

Local Trouble

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 12, 2019, 05:38:26 PM
Yeah. It's my favourite.

But quality wise? Alien > Aliens, Alien³.

Thats interesting. So Alien³ just speaks to you more, regardless of any imperfections.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed