The Predator and Predator:Bad Blood

Started by (Bad Blood), Oct 06, 2021, 11:37:22 PM

Author
The Predator and Predator:Bad Blood (Read 4,389 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 09, 2021, 07:10:02 PM
I noticed this when I first watched it. I feel like the Predator movies are in need of a batshit insane Predator, one of the likes of Bad Blood or Big Game.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 11, 2021, 08:51:12 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 11, 2021, 08:37:20 AM
I think we've failed to do Bad Bloods twice in a row now (he says as a big Predators fan), let that concept lie for a bit theatrically before attempting it again.

I'd spin it as a slightly deranged cannibal Pred but skip the "being hunted" or "hunts others" plot point and just have him be really f**kin' mean to the humans, convey the BaDbLoOd part via trophies on his wargear and extra nasty attitude. 

Devil's advocate ofc, I'd like a few straight up Pred On A Hunt flicks for now, too.

When the time is right, I'd be all for this.  A Predator that goes beyond mere hunting, one that's both monstrous and terrorizing.  It seems (to me anyway) that with the movies we've lost the sense of terror/horror that the humans feel - they learn so quickly how to confront it/take it on.  I don't know if this coming movie will be different, but I'd like to see that sense of fear and overcoming of fear again.

(Bad Blood)

Oh I definitely agree with you there, the horror, terror element is all but gone in the films after Predator 1987. I would like to see such a return.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Wysps on Oct 11, 2021, 09:37:31 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 09, 2021, 07:10:02 PM
I noticed this when I first watched it. I feel like the Predator movies are in need of a batshit insane Predator, one of the likes of Bad Blood or Big Game.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 11, 2021, 08:51:12 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 11, 2021, 08:37:20 AM
I think we've failed to do Bad Bloods twice in a row now (he says as a big Predators fan), let that concept lie for a bit theatrically before attempting it again.

I'd spin it as a slightly deranged cannibal Pred but skip the "being hunted" or "hunts others" plot point and just have him be really f**kin' mean to the humans, convey the BaDbLoOd part via trophies on his wargear and extra nasty attitude. 

Devil's advocate ofc, I'd like a few straight up Pred On A Hunt flicks for now, too.

When the time is right, I'd be all for this.  A Predator that goes beyond mere hunting, one that's both monstrous and terrorizing.  It seems (to me anyway) that with the movies we've lost the sense of terror/horror that the humans feel - they learn so quickly how to confront it/take it on.  I don't know if this coming movie will be different, but I'd like to see that sense of fear and overcoming of fear again.

I think with the right team behind the film, you wouldn't even need a gimmick to convey that idea of something cruel and immensely powerful picking off the protagonists one by one. And that feeling of our heroes being up against something that just straight up outclasses them is at the core of the best entries.

But if there has to be a gimmick for promotional headlines I deffo vote for Hannipred Lectitor.

(Bad Blood)

Hahaha that's my vote as well, Hannipred Lectictor for the win!

Wweyland

Wweyland

One of my favorite scenes from Predator comics:
https://imgur.com/a/DAwlzlz
The fact that he's sitting by a fire and decorated one of the skulls is ridiculous but amazing at the same time.
Also, I love the crazed look in his eyes and that Enoch is scared shitless.

(Bad Blood)

Hahahaha! I love that part too!

Wweyland

I hope to see something like this in Prey.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed