Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 103,181 times)

SM

What was Lucas fighting Fox about? Money perhaps, but it certainly wasn't content. He didn't put scenes back into the Special Edition because of studio mandated edits, which is the context here.

Huggs

It's a much better movie than The Predator. Although that isn't saying much. AVPR is not the worst of the films, not anymore.

The Cruentus

I would argue its still the worst, you can at least see things in the predator.  :laugh:

Huggs

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 24, 2018, 12:21:56 AM
I would argue its still the worst, you can at least see things in the predator.  :laugh:

Get a recently manufactured bluray. As for seeing things in The Predator, I don't think that's a plus.  ;D

That CGI...dear God.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SM on Dec 23, 2018, 09:11:02 PM
What was Lucas fighting Fox about? Money perhaps, but it certainly wasn't content. He didn't put scenes back into the Special Edition because of studio mandated edits, which is the context here.

I've had a wee bit too much to drink so if I'm incoherent I apologize, but yes, money and the script. Lucas had battles with Fox executives over the complexity of the screenplay and the budget, which is probably related. Fox wanted a simpler script to shoot, so Lucas had to fight for more money for his vision. Fox tried to shut the picture down sooner than Lucas could finish it but Lucas convinced Fox to fork over cash for some extra production days.  Those kind of issues/battles.

PsyKore

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 24, 2018, 12:04:08 AM
AVPR is not the worst of the films, not anymore.

Agreed.... I think..... I dunno. Man, this truely is a sign of the end times. :laugh:

426Buddy

Nah, I still think AvPR is the worst film in either series.

The Old One

The Old One

Alien
Aliens = Predator
AlienĀ³
Predator 2
Alien Covenant
Alien Resurrection
Predators
AVP = Prometheus
The Predator
AVPR

Voodoo Magic

Ever since I discovered the unrated cut on no-more-darkness-problems blu-ray, AVPR is no way on the bottom of the list for me. I'd put it over AVP, Alien Ressurection, and The Predator for sure.  I have so much more fun with it.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 24, 2018, 12:04:08 AM
It's a much better movie than The Predator. Although that isn't saying much. AVPR is not the worst of the films, not anymore.

Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 24, 2018, 11:15:17 AM
Man, this truely is a sign of the end times. :laugh:

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 24, 2018, 02:56:39 PM
Ever since I discovered the unrated cut on no-more-darkness-problems blu-ray, AVPR is no way on the bottom of the list for me. I'd put it over AVP, Alien Ressurection, and The Predator for sure.  I have so much more fun with it.

I have it tied with AVP, but on the rest I'm with you.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 24, 2018, 02:59:01 PM
-

Hold my hand. We'll drive off the cliff together.

426Buddy

Still the worst by far.

:laugh:

Voodoo Magic

The Old One

The Old One

Still the worst.

Voodoo Magic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed