what display stand is the best for neca aliens?

Started by judge death, Jul 16, 2020, 10:44:14 PM

Author
what display stand is the best for neca aliens? (Read 5,701 times)

judge death

As the title ask: Im looking to buy some figure stands for my xenomorph warriors and figures, most reviews so far seem to say that necas display stand isnt up to the task or is very bad so Im checking here for advice. Which display stand is best or working well with the neca aliens?

Would also aprecitate if given link to where I can buy the stands thats suggested :)

aliens13

Well... My personal opinion is find the best way to stand it by it's own. For example I only have the Alien Dog and I have it in a cool quadrupedal form (that sounds bad 😅🤣) because the support that comes with the figures are bad quality.

judge death

True but the problem with neca aliens: if you make them stand on their legs you have to:
1: balance them with the tail so forget about having the tail in any other pose.
2: After a while the legs will start to bend and look like bananas in shape as they cant support the weight of the figure.

my 2 alien warriors and defiance alien have all rounded/bended legs and not straight anymore.

And then we have the problem they love to fall over unless you balance them against a wall behind.

aliens13

I didn't know that the legs starts to bend after a while 😬😕 that suck. My Alien Dog is the first figure that I ever have. I don't how the other guys here in the forum do to stand it, I saw multiple collections over here and I don't see that the have a display stand.

Darkness

I have all my Jason figures on the official NECA circular stands: They work fine.

I do have the NECA Aliens Warrior without a stand and that's always falling over. I do need to buy some more.

judge death

Circular stands is good for the aliens that has peg holes, many of them dont sadly :/ And I noticed on my aliens warrior that even with those they can still topple over as their upper body is too heavy.

Ordered home 2 of these:

If it is like they say, it should be able to hold up the alien so the legs wont have to carry the weight, no risk of toppling over/falling over, and no more bended legs, can pose the tail and legs way more dynamic.

Will be able to confirm or tell it isnt working in about 1-2 weeks when I get them and can try it.

Corporal Hicks

Where did you order those from?

judge death

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 27, 2020, 08:09:20 AM
Where did you order those from?
ORdered one from a swedish webstore called heromic, and the other from a german store on ebay and no its not from china :P

judge death

judge death

Okay got home my first neca display stand and damn, it does it purpose so far perfect and from now on I will get one for each alien as it solves all issues with the neca aliens, ok almost:

One can now get the alien into a walking pose or jumping etc and the tail can be posed however one want, no more being forced to use the tail for balance and the legs close together to keep the figure up and poses are limited.
Also the stand takes the weight off from the alien so the legs are barely touching the ground so it will indeed protect the legs and the joints.

Pictures of my defiance alien that I have posted pictures of earlier, can see the repairs on one of the legs and one of the arms are very loose but hopefully its not easy to see:

This one is just to show how bended the legs are from having the figure to stand on its own legs for 3 months....

judge death

Got myself 3 more of these display stands and so far I have defiance alien, isolation alien and the avp warrior standing in walking/dynamic poses they couldnt before and so far none of them have fallen down, and the legs and joints are barely under any pressure. Gave my neca queen alien one too, attached it to her rear body, just prior to where the tail starts, and can now have her feet in the right position and same here: the joints and legs are just touching the ground, the stands taking her weight, no worries for her joints to get loose after a year.

Can take pictures if someone wants to see.
The thread can be locked if the admin wants to, solved my problem with the neca figures with these :)

Gridseeker

Damn that stand works bloody well! By the way, don´t you know the name of the maker or company that makes these stands? Now I´m tempted to get some of them for my Xenos.

judge death

Quote from: Gridseeker on Aug 17, 2020, 02:36:57 AM
Damn that stand works bloody well! By the way, don´t you know the name of the maker or company that makes these stands? Now I´m tempted to get some of them for my Xenos.

My alien isolation figure, still looking for a new one as the dome on it came from neca broken but hopefully not visible, and one arm is super loose, but here you see it posed with the stand:

AVP warrior with a walking pose and tail above the ground, something it couldnt before and the stand is holding it up, its barely touching the ground:

Here is how I used one of these stands on the queen alien to protect its legs and joints, seems to work great so far, still having it in testing, cans ee the feet is barely touching the ground, enabling it to have the toes and feet in the proper pose:

The display stand is actually done by Neca, its called dynamic stand and can be found on the web and stores, looks like this:

can read about it on necas site:
https://necaonline.com/2016/02/dynamic-action-figure-display-stand/

Corporal Hicks

I've ordered one to test out!

Darkness

Just bought some more circular stands. My warrior seems to be standing on it fine.

I did consider these stands but they're too expensive.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, around £15 a pop. I'm just going to give them a go because it's got to the point where I want to throw them at the wall for how frequent they fall down. The Predators are mostly fine, it's the Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed