20th Century Fox Teases Alien: Covenant Patch!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 27, 2016, 12:04:15 AM

Author
20th Century Fox Teases Alien: Covenant Patch! (Read 29,678 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 27, 2016, 09:04:51 AM
It'd be fun if the merger was recent or still going through and Riddles threw in a scene related to that, to follow up on Weyland Corp.'s fate post-Prometheus. Set at the offices while stuff's still going through or something.

It'd have to take place pretty early on, before the Covenant launched.

robbritton

Ooh! new in-world designs! the logos and patches always make me happy.

As for the ark, surely the 'thing of promise that when messed with wipes everyone out' would be the safe assumption of the metaphor here? (I freely admit my entire knowledge comes from Raiders, so correct me if I'm wrong!  ;D)

whiterabbit

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 27, 2016, 05:55:27 AM
Oh...  that's REALLY interesting.  We know that Scott loves his mythological and literary references.  This is obviously symbolic in a Biblical sense. 

That patch design is straight off the Ark of the Covenant.  No coincidence there.

I guess Scott feels that the merger between the 2 organizations is petty compared to what this implies in terms of the story he wants to tell.

-Windebieste.
Somebody give that man a slice of cornbread. Although if this is going the Ark of the Covenant route... does that mean they'll be NAZI'S in SPACE too?

HuDaFuK

Someone must photoshop an Engineer in an SS uniform, now.

Or you vill be shot.

oduodu

I wonder if the covenant was launched prior to the merger making it weyland only?

Corporal Hicks

It can't be since the patch has the joint name.

Mustangjeff

Well...  This sort of blows my theory out of the water that the Covenant was a slow moving colonization ship that was launched before the events in Prometheus. 

I can't remember why I thought that would need to be the case.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2016, 12:04:15 AM

It's interesting the patch also contains the "The Building Better Worlds" slogan from Aliens. And of course they had to include the "D" since it was Weyland Corp in Prometheus.

The grid-planet is reminiscent of the Off-World Colonies logo from Blade Runner and the Nostromo crew patch.

Enoch

Enoch

Milton in his epic Paradise Lost mentions the ark of covenant. Here is an explanation regarding the guardians of covenant:

Cherubim were responsible for guarding the presence of God from profanity. In Genesis 3:24, a cherub guards the tree of life after the expulsion of Adam and Eve. In Exodus 25:18, two golden figures of the cherubim guard the ark. Later, huge sculptures of the cherubim overshadow the ark of the covenant in Solomon's temple. I Kings 6:27. Milton audaciously represents cherubim among the fallen angels in Hell. See ZOPHIEL.

I have many theories about this (What is after all Covenant? ;D), but I will first explore more about covenant and
its relations to Alien story and then I will write my ideas.

P.S. There are some strong evidence that we ll see Matrix elements in Alien Covenant!
"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.."
― John Milton, Paradise Lost

I more and more belive that Ridley wants to make a twist in the Alien story...Perheaps main antagonist of the story is in fact just a tool of someone who is in fact good... Maybe humans are ultimate antagonist of Alien franchise (but not all).
I will say no more :)

CainsSon

Quote from: Enoch on Apr 27, 2016, 04:06:56 PM
Milton in his epic Paradise Lost mentions the ark of covenant. Here is an explanation regarding the guardians of covenant:

Cherubim were responsible for guarding the presence of God from profanity. In Genesis 3:24, a cherub guards the tree of life after the expulsion of Adam and Eve. In Exodus 25:18, two golden figures of the cherubim guard the ark. Later, huge sculptures of the cherubim overshadow the ark of the covenant in Solomon's temple. I Kings 6:27. Milton audaciously represents cherubim among the fallen angels in Hell. See ZOPHIEL.

I have many theories about this (What is after all Covenant? ;D), but I will first explore more about covenant and

P.S. There are some strong evidence that we ll see Matrix elements in Alien Covenant!
"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.."

I more and more belive that Ridley wants to make a twist in the Alien story...Perheaps main antagonist of the story is in fact just a tool of someone who is in fact good... Maybe humans are ultimate antagonist of Alien franchise (but not all).
I prefer all this stuff remain unexplained. I like the company just representing this Mega-conglomerate that is just above the law/too big to fail. I don't like the idea that something apart from, doing what's in the companies best interest financially, has been the problem all along.

But it's funny you say that this could be part of COVENANT, because I was thinking this will be a twist in Blomkamp's ALIEN film, and maybe they will include this COVENANT development in the back story. I fully expect RIDLEY to insist there is some connection to the PROMETHEUS stuff in BLOMKAMP'S film.

For instance, whatever this agreement is (if there is an explicit one) in COVENANT, I was thinking in BLOMKAMP'S film we will find out the Company has known something about it all along, and will in some way because of that, (whether they make the details explicitly reference COVENANT/PROM) it will re-frame the Co.'s motives, as not being completely malicious, but maybe just having to go along with something so the human race isn't wiped out. That said I fully expect Ripley to object with going along with anything.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 27, 2016, 05:28:49 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Apr 27, 2016, 04:06:56 PM

I prefer all this stuff remain unexplained. I like the company just representing this Mega-conglomerate that is just above the law/too big to fail. I don't like the idea that something apart from, doing what's in the companies best interest financially, has been the problem all along.

But it's funny you say that this could be part of COVENANT, because I was thinking this will be a twist in Blomkamp's ALIEN film, and maybe they will include this COVENANT development in the back story. I fully expect RIDLEY to insist there is some connection to the PROMETHEUS stuff in BLOMKAMP'S film.

For instance, whatever this agreement is (if there is an explicit one) in COVENANT, I was thinking in BLOMKAMP'S film we will find out the Company has known something about it all along, and will in some way because of that, (whether they make the details explicitly reference COVENANT/PROM) it will re-frame the Co.'s motives, as not being completely malicious, but maybe just having to go along with something so the human race isn't wiped out. That said I fully expect Ripley to object with going along with anything.

A good story is typically dependent on a good character arc, whereby the character starts on one value and by the end of the story, that value has changed.  This is where Alien 3 failed as well.  Ripley's arc just ended.  She didn't evolve.  What would be a good arc, is if Ripley continues her fight against the company, and then half-way through Blomkamp's film she learns why W-Y is searching for the Xenomorph, which is to save humanity.  Then Ripley joins W-Y to continue their quest.  There's the ending that would have completed Ripley's arc in a more profound, meaningful way.

Enoch

QuoteA good story is typically dependent on a good character arc, whereby the character starts on one value and by the end of the story, that value has changed.  This is where Alien 3 failed as well.  Ripley's arc just ended.  She didn't evolve.  What would be a good arc, is if Ripley continues her fight against the company, and then half-way through Blomkamp's film she learns why W-Y is searching for the Xenomorph, which is to save humanity.  Then Ripley joins W-Y to continue their quest.  There's the ending that would have completed Ripley's arc in a more profound, meaningful way.

That might work... But who would be te ultimate threat?
Engineers are not creators of Xenos, not original creators at least; so who created them?
Ridley said that Xenos were created by someone/something in order to defend or attack someone...?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 27, 2016, 09:54:43 AM
Someone must photoshop an Engineer in an SS uniform, now.

Or you vill be shot.

We have top men working on it right now.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 27, 2016, 08:23:50 PMWe have top men working on it right now.

Must. Not. As-

Who?

Shit.

Spooky799kil

I really hope they show some visual for the merger of Weyland Corp and Yutani. I just want that scene at the end of AVP R to be retconned.

Like everything so far, hope its good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed