New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,396 times)

bobby brown

bobby brown

I would enjoy an asymmetrical versus type of game, Like Dead by daylight or Friday the 13th. Imagine if one player controls the Alien and 4 players play as colonists and must complete tasks so survive the alien. perhaps there could be a 6th player that assumes the role of a synthetic and can choose if he wants to aid the alien (Like ash) or aid the colonists (Like Bishop)

The alien player could start the game as a chestburster, bursting out of a random player at the start of a match, and the player of the victim would instead assume the role of the android.

One of the most fun features of alien gameplay ever IMO, Was in rebellions Jaguar AVP game, where you could cocoon humans into aliens and watch the embryos develop on the HUD. Don't know how that worked with the established lore but I really enjoyed that mechanic.

Schrödinger

@Bobby,

That would actually be pretty neat. Would be a different take on MP side of things for the franchise, and could even be a lot of fun long as they had 20+ maps, different game modes, and so on.

Though I'd still want a 30+ hour story campaign with a deep branching narrative, permadeath of squadmates (Based on decisions you make), a combo of Isolation survival horror and shootem up when it's needed, and multiple endings depending on how you play/choices you made (Help USCM Kill the hive, bring a sample to WY,  so Independant and screw both sides in some way, and so on.).   

Though I know, I'm asking for way too much, that would be Old School BioWare, or Obsidian levels of Game Design. Won't happen in the current age, even though a game like that would probably break millions if made by the right team who understand what "Player Agency" and "Narrative Choice" means >.>

SM

I don't think anyone is even lukewarm to sussing out what Blackout is.  ;D

Schrödinger

@SM FPS Online Pewpew bang bang lul

toro

toro

i'll be watching the game awards tomorrow hope, hopefully we saw some blackout

Quote from: SM on Dec 06, 2018, 01:04:02 AM

give us a clue!

Vertigo

Please tell me it's not a card game.....

Corporal Hicks

Pft. Give me a new CCG!

toro

i'm all for ccg's, but it would be disappointing if blackout turns out to be anything but a story based survival horror/fps/online thing

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 06, 2018, 12:18:56 PM
Pft. Give me a new CCG!

At least you're optimistic, unlike everyone else here.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: toro on Dec 06, 2018, 12:28:56 PM
i'm all for ccg's, but it would be disappointing if blackout turns out to be anything but a story based survival horror/fps/online thing

Why? While we don't know the full specifics of the mechanics, we know Cold Iron's game is going to be some sort of online shooter. If that isn't Blackout it just means Blackout is something else to enjoy and you've still got the Cold Iron thing to still look forward to.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 06, 2018, 12:38:48 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 06, 2018, 12:18:56 PM
Pft. Give me a new CCG!

At least you're optimistic, unlike everyone else here.

Ha. It's hard work these days. As an FYI, Upper Deck's recent card based stuff has been super fun!

toro

you know, i wasn't even thinking about a possible two titles coming out
if that's the case, then i am excited for sure

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 06, 2018, 12:39:24 PM

Ha. It's hard work these days. As an FYI, Upper Deck's recent card based stuff has been super fun!

I already got grilled because I said I wouldn't pay $60-$70 for Biehn/Rolston/Henriksen's signatures (I know we were just kidding around) on a card. I'll touch cards . . . eventually.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SM on Dec 06, 2018, 01:04:02 AM

If it's not narratively driven, I'm not interested.

toro

i'm with you, there has to be at least some type of story/narrative at its core

TheSailingRabbit

If not, you can get your friends together in multiplayer and roleplay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed