X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 149,315 times)

Greedo

WinterActual

Keg

Keg

Surely can't be true? Think of all the consoles sold for people who dont have access to internet. Hell alot of consoles are sold for young kids and theyre never connected to the internet. My sister has a PS3 and 360 in her house and she has 3 kids, all under the age of 8 and neither console is connected to the internet simply because they dont need it to be. They just play the games on it and thats it.

Greedo

Greedo

I know why arnt they thinking about the audience who don't have internet ? or wish not to use the internet ? its not fair.

but you could also argue that mostly everyone uses internet now days and they are always constantly connected to either Xbox Live or PSN no matter what game they are playing to sign in to there profiles.

I know why arnt they thinking about the audience who don't have internet ? or wish not to use the internet ? its not fair.

but you could also argue that mostly everyone uses internet now days and they are always constantly connected to either Xbox Live or PSN no matter what game they are playing to sign in to there profiles.

Keg

Keg

Doesnt matter how big the percentage of gamers are online, theres still a large number of customers they will alienate with a move like that.

Hell even people who have internet. Say youre having problems with internet in your home and it takes a while to sort out. You can't even pop in a single player game while its getting sorted? f**k that.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: Raku on Apr 05, 2013, 03:34:29 AM
Quote from: xeno-kaname on Apr 05, 2013, 02:25:00 AM
Quote from: Nightlord on Apr 05, 2013, 02:10:15 AM
Well some Microsoft creative director just spazzed out in twitter all but confirming that Nextbox will be always online.

Link? Or name of the guy just so i can see it.

Here is a link with screenshots

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534951

wooooooow.  :o

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: Keg on Apr 05, 2013, 11:21:25 AM
Doesnt matter how big the percentage of gamers are online, theres still a large number of customers they will alienate with a move like that.

Hell even people who have internet. Say youre having problems with internet in your home and it takes a while to sort out. You can't even pop in a single player game while its getting sorted? f**k that.

exactly.

its a huge issue if this is true.

WinterActual

The crackers will make it offline enabled, don't worry  ::)

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: WinterActual on Apr 05, 2013, 12:38:09 PM
The crackers will make it offline enabled, don't worry  ::)

Oh yeah, they will. But it shouldn't have to be that way.

I'm very curious to hear MS talk about all this and how it will exactly work in the coming months (E3, etc.). While I am someone who always has the net on, there are times when it's down and I am still able to play single player games etc. Imagine on this NextBOX if it doesn't allow that. That would be a real shame. Also it will then be more "PCish" when it comes to used games, meaning pretty much no used games.

WinterActual

On PC you can buy a whole new account with "used" games and the games are cheaper too so I don't think anybody cares about that on PC. Most of the games can be bought for damn cheap from various key suppliers which kinda eliminates the need to sell your "used" games because you will get little to nothing.

Deathbearer

I'm pretty much done with the Xbox brand. Loved the original system. Great machine, never had problems, awesome games. 360 is unreliable as hell. There are so many goddamn problems with mine that idk why I haven't just buried it yet. The power brick crapped out so I have a fan blowing air into it so it wont overheat, I have to eject and reposition game discs so they'll f**kin' read, and the disc tray wont open if there's nothing in it. So, quite frankly, f**k Microsoft, f**k always online, and f**k paying 60 bucks to play online. I'm done with their shit. I literally only still have the damn thing because I have a lot of games on it and none of my friends own a PS3.

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Raku on Apr 05, 2013, 03:34:29 AM
Quote from: xeno-kaname on Apr 05, 2013, 02:25:00 AM
Quote from: Nightlord on Apr 05, 2013, 02:10:15 AM
Well some Microsoft creative director just spazzed out in twitter all but confirming that Nextbox will be always online.

Link? Or name of the guy just so i can see it.

Here is a link with screenshots

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534951

Yup that guy IS a prick. But I'd be pissed too. I don't believe it quite yet, though. Even though more info keeps surfacing about it being true, i think it would be a really stupid idea. We're not quite there yet. Just as Sony expressed that we're not at the "download only games" position yet(internet speeds varying per customer is an issue for them too though). For almost the same reason. While abundant, internet connection is not something everybody has. For it to demand it is ridiculous.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Deathbearer

Nightlord

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed