Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 189,173 times)

SM

SM

The ship David and Shaw took from LV-223.

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 30, 2018, 05:24:02 AM
True.

I suppose what I should've said was, has he dressed the scene at all when he decided to send that transmission?

Not sure there was a need to dress anything.  Assuming David setup the transmission all he needs to do is make sure it keeps transmitting.

Perfect-Organism

Is there actually any difference physically between the ships?

The Old One

The Old One

None whatsoever I can perceive, thought it was the Juggernaut until told otherwise.

SM

SM

There's a corridor on the Dreadnought that more organic looking akin to the Derelict, but other than that it seems the same as the Juggernaut.  Dreadnought is just a name they used on the production.

The Old One

The Old One

Or just a corridor we never saw on the Juggernaut.  :laugh:

SM

SM

It's the only point of difference I can see.  The Dreadnought walls otherwise have the same constructed look (as opposed to organic) as the Juggernaut.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah, the corridor with the statues and the orrery chamber are the same as these in the Juggernaut.

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 30, 2018, 03:18:06 AM
The Derelict, both in Isolation[/s]

One of my favorites game enviroments, but seriously the Space Jockey chamber looks huge; like a cathedral.

Local Trouble

I finally powered through this whole series.  Still processing what I just saw and I may have questions...

Corporal Hicks

Fire away!

tyrannosaurusjones

I'll help if I can... ;)

The Cruentus

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 30, 2018, 06:02:16 PM
Is there actually any difference physically between the ships?

There is a few but they are very close, I think some of the corridors and designs were less biomechanical other than maybe one that is seen. The pilot chamber is the more obvious difference. I am not sure about size either. I remember comparing them before but it was awhile ago.  At least as far as I remember anyway.

Nostromo

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 10, 2019, 07:42:43 AM
I finally powered through this whole series.  Still processing what I just saw and I may have questions...

You just read Defiance? Dang lol. Thought you were on top of all this man.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2019, 09:17:38 AM
Fire away!

Is this where the full-Umbrella version of W-Y came from?  This series seems to depict more of a military-industrial cabal of W-Y execs and USCM brass colluding with each other to bring the alien to Earth.

Nukiemorph

I finally read this to prepare for Resistance and I was just as confused as the staff here in the podcast.  I wanted to bring some of these points back to the front.  I liked the series for the most part, but these major points in the last half bothered me:

Spoiler
1. DEATH OF THE QUEEN
So the comic shows the queen being shot by the pirates, then the characters announce that she barely has a scratch, then they punch the thrusters and the Europa rips away from the pirate ship.  In the next issue, the queen is suddenly dead.  It looked like the queen and pirates were in the docking tube between the two ships during their final moments, so I assumed the queen somehow died when they hit the thrusters.  It does look like the explosion of the pirate ship may have gone through the docking tube and hit her... or perhaps she succumbed to her bullet wounds after the characters announced that she looked fine.  Either way, this part was really clunky and annoying.

2. THE MOONBASE DEAL
After listening to the podcast, I wanted to clarify how I interpreted the events in issue 10 and open it for debate.
-So Zula gives in and heads toward Earth to give WY the alien.
-Davis is pissed and announces that he has a plan to get Zula home without handing over the alien.
-When they get to Earth, the military on the moonbase expresses disappointment that the specimen is dead, but agree to take it in exchange for safe passage anyway.
-But then Davis shoves the queen into space and blows it up with a fuel cell.
-With the alien specimen destroyed, the military retracts their offer of safe passage by shooting at the Europa.
-Zula and Hollis knew this was going to happen, so they were waiting in the escape pod.
       (I guess Zula and Hollis were hoping to escape in the pod and not be detected among the debris from the Europa?  Was that Davis's big plan?)
-The military probably would have destroyed the pod too, but they detect traces of residual matter left inside of Hollis, so they let Zula and Hollis land on Earth, then aprehend them.
       (I find it hard to swallow that they they can somehow detect "residual material" inside of Hollis.)

3. WHY KILL HOLLIS AND NOT ZULA?
The company was cartoonishly evil enough to make sure Hollis "doesn't survive" her surgery at the end, but they let Zula go with a tracking device?  If they were concerned about covering their tracks to the point that they'd execute Hollis, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same to Zula.  They could have made sure Zula "didn't survive" her back surgery.
[close]

The Cruentus

Spoiler
The alien was already removed though, the only reason they operated on Hollis for was for the remaining alien biological material left over in her system.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed