Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 774,347 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Gonan The Ballbarian (3/5)

Gonan The Destroyer (1/5)

End of Days (4/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Frankenstein Meets the Wolf-Man

This is a pretty good Wolf-Man sequel, but only an okay Frankenstein movie, not helped by the Monster's dialogue (and most of the explicit references to the last movie) being deleted. And I really don't know what to make of the spontaneous musical number in the middle.

Son of Dracula

This is a pretty interesting and well made mix of vampire movie with noir and Southern gothic elements, but Chaney is pretty badly miscast as Dracula.

House of Frankenstein

This has some good scenes and ideas, but it's mostly lame and a waste of a good concept. For all the to do about getting the big three monsters together, they don't share a minute of screen time between them. Hell, Dracula comes and goes before the Wolf Man and the Monster even show up. :laugh:

House of Dracula

More of the same, better in some ways than the last one, and worse in others. The mad scientist character is actually more interesting than anything else on hand, oddly enough.

Huggs

Huggs

The Pagemaster (3/5)

Contagion (4/5)

Reign of Fire (4/5)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 09, 2020, 12:15:45 AM
Contagion (4/5)

Reign of Fire (4/5)

Contagion is one of the scariest films I've ever seen. Made me very, very uncomfortable ... and dude, watching that now given real life events unfolding out of Wuhan!!

Reign of Fire - love that film. Underrated.

Marriage Story Not a film I usually watch but wow. Some absolutely stellar performances by the entire cast ... the raw emotion mixed with a quirky black humorous undertone is great viewing. My wife and I both agreed this film brought back some previous (none to happy) memories for both of us from our previous relationships.

The Irishman - 1 hour in and I can't take my eyes off the screen. Will watch the remaining 2.5 hours tonight hopefully.

Huggs

Huggs

United 93 (5/5)

Paul did a phenomenal job with this one, but God it's tough to watch. Still doesn't feel like it's been nearly 20 years.

Quote from: Prez on Feb 09, 2020, 02:00:09 AM
Contagion (4/5)

Reign of Fire (4/5)

Contagion is one of the scariest films I've ever seen. Made me very, very uncomfortable ... and dude, watching that now given real life events unfolding out of Wuhan!!

That's why I watched it.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Night Patrol (1984)
Cheaper Naked Gun/Airplane type movie.
Overal not that bad. Had some good jokes, silly characters and a few scenes with Andrew Dice Clay, oh!

Come To Daddy (2019)
Strange thriller with a solid Elijah Wood.
Started out good, really kept me interested than it became general and I got bored.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 09, 2020, 02:54:26 AM
Contagion (4/5)

Reign of Fire (4/5)

That's why I watched it.

The infamous new coronavirus.

Huggs

Huggs

Man is the warmest place to hide.

Prez

Prez

United 93 (5/5)

Paul did a phenomenal job with this one, but God it's tough to watch. Still doesn't feel like it's been nearly 20 years.

Contagion (4/5)

Reign of Fire (4/5)

That's why I watched it.

:o

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 09, 2020, 05:38:50 AM
Contagion (4/5)

Reign of Fire (4/5)

That's why I watched it.

The infamous new coronavirus.

https://media.giphy.com/media/giwWYqj5uyUSs/giphy.gif

"WATCH CLARK.... AND I MEAN WATCH HIM! CLOSELY!!!"

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 09, 2020, 05:40:10 AM
Man is the warmest place to hide.

I predict a movie is coming. Also...

Quote from: THRIn the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak, Plague Inc. shot to the top of the App Store's top paid apps, dethroning Minecraft, which held the position for several years.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1226396826728910849?s

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Underwater
Derivative in places but i still found this really enjoyable. Some good shocks and Kirsten Stewart actually does well. Though there are a couple of lazy jump scares. Wish there had been at least 20 more minutes at the start to introduce some of the other characters. Didnt realise that this had been sitting on the shelf for 3 years, but now this if officially the last film to be released under the 20th Century Fox Banner

The Lighthouse
Holy S**t. This film is a trippy wonder. Its tense and creepy and Dafoe and Pattinson are great together. Its a great film that deserved to be nominated for more oscars

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Never really understood why this got so much shit compared to its predecessor. Granted, it's definitely not as good as the first one, but it's still a bloody good time. I love that they brought Charlie back as a henchman :)

Really hope they follow up on Channing Tatum joining Kingsman in the third (fourth) movie.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

still awesome!

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 10, 2020, 09:47:22 PM
Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Never really understood why this got so much shit compared to its predecessor. Granted, it's definitely not as good as the first one, but it's still a bloody good time. I love that they brought Charlie back as a henchman :)

Really hope they follow up on Channing Tatum joining Kingsman in the third (fourth) movie.

I love how in each movie the bad guy has a pretty good point, just not so much execution wise.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE on Feb 10, 2020, 09:47:48 PM
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

still awesome!

What that movie needs is a few good taters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed