Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 828,941 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 07, 2021, 01:13:47 AMRe-watching Desperado because of you peeps.
Noticed From Dusk Till Dawn's Sex Machine's gun is in the case.

Originally it was going to be used in the film, at the start of the first bar shootout, but it's another thing that got cut.

Huggs

Huggs

Prometheus

Batman vs Superman: Ultimate Edition

Gojira

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Argo

Wysps

Wysps

Doom: Annihilation.  Eh...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Without Remorse

Not bad, but not brilliant either. Still pales compared to the Harrison Ford Clancy adaptations, but if nothing else it's got me in the mood to track down some of the books.

Greenland

Dafuq? A Gerard Butler disaster movie that's actually really grounded and kinda decent?

It's no Deep Impact, but this was infinitely better than I expected it to be. I especially appreciated how it focused on the characters, with most of the actual disaster stuff happening off-screen.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (the original)

I'd seen this before but didn't remember much about it beyond Noomi Rapace's c**t of a probation officer.

It was even better than I remembered, if a bit of a hard watch at times. Amazon Prime's got the full Swedish trilogy atm so I'll be checking out the sequels next.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

House of Usher (1960)

Huggs

Huggs

Godzilla

The american version with Raymond Burr

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Stowaway on Netflix. Pretty good. Ending felt a bit abrupt, but otherwise, pretty well made.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Wysps on May 08, 2021, 03:28:36 PM
I enjoyed it considering it was obviously made om a 50p budget.

Universal Soldier

4K UHD does this 90s classic proud! Can't beat Dolph Lundgren chewing scenery like he hasn't had a meal since the Vietnam War!

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

The Bourne Identity (2002)
The Bourne Supremacy (2004)
The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)
Dog Day Afternoon (1975)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Den of Thieves

Nowhere near as good as the likes of Heat and The Town, which it clearly aspires to be, but still a solid heist thriller. The big twist is that the cop chasing the crooks is basically as much of a piece of shit as they are, which was a neat slant on the otherwise tried and tested story.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 09, 2021, 08:15:35 AM
Den of Thieves

Nowhere near as good as the likes of Heat and The Town, which it clearly aspires to be, but still a solid heist thriller. The big twist is that the cop chasing the crooks is basically as much of a piece of shit as they are, which was a neat slant on the otherwise tried and tested story.

It was heavily influenced by HEAT. The opening scene was almost a carbon copy.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on May 09, 2021, 09:16:42 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 09, 2021, 08:15:35 AM
Den of Thieves

It was heavily influenced by HEAT. The opening scene was almost a carbon copy.

But did it have...

Huggs

Huggs

Oh, there was one or two.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Wysps on May 08, 2021, 03:28:36 PM
Could've been ok if the demons didn't show up half way through the movie to do not much of anything and then the movie stopped.

Also a great example of how not to film man in a suit monsters. The imps would've been fine if they kept it mostly head and shoulders

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed