Indiana Jones 5

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Mar 15, 2016, 07:00:16 PM

Author
Indiana Jones 5 (Read 31,400 times)

T Dog

T Dog

QuoteWith old man make-up a la Guy Pearce in Prometheus ? Yep,that would've been great

It's actually hilarious that Ridley did that TWICE for no reason at all and then had to end up reshooting a ton of one his movies because of it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

A third time as well, if you want to count Leto in House of Gucci. Not "old man makeup," per say, but a similarly transformative makeup application like Pearce in Prometheus and Spacey in All the Money in the World.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Trailer looks pretty awful, for some reason I thought they were going to go back for more realistic and gritty  feel similar the og trilogy but this looks like the whole thing is generated with ai prompt or made in Unreal engine 5, with that look I'd rather have a new Indy game. Of course the soft 1080p youtube doesn't help.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

I watched the trailer with the knowledge of said rumors... Trailer looks great but why does every trailer theme have that emotional piano motif?

Anyway, watching this with the rumors in mind, it only confirms for me that there is indeed a time travel plot, which I think is the laziest thing, and then..

Spoiler
a contrived sidekick character, Indy meeting his younger self which the trailer shows said younger self (but that could be a flashback, but all points to the time travel plot, which I think is lazy and uninspired), and, interestingly enough, based on the rumors, Mads Mikkelsen is supposed to play a younger version of Toht, which raises eyebrows for me on whether that's true or not... But the most offending rumor is younger Indy sacrificing himself and present Indy fading away and passing the whip and hat to contrived sidekick character...
[close]

My only response to the trailer while watching it was simply "ohhhhh noooo..."

Also does not help when test screenings have also been extremely negative consistently.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Dec 03, 2022, 07:32:34 PMI watched the trailer with the knowledge of said rumors... Trailer looks great but why does every trailer theme have that emotional piano motif?

Anyway, watching this with the rumors in mind, it only confirms for me that there is indeed a time travel plot, which I think is the laziest thing, and then..

Spoiler
a contrived sidekick character, Indy meeting his younger self which the trailer shows said younger self (but that could be a flashback, but all points to the time travel plot, which I think is lazy and uninspired), and, interestingly enough, based on the rumors, Mads Mikkelsen is supposed to play a younger version of Toht, which raises eyebrows for me on whether that's true or not... But the most offending rumor is younger Indy sacrificing himself and present Indy fading away and passing the whip and hat to contrived sidekick character...
[close]

My only response to the trailer while watching it was simply "ohhhhh noooo..."

https://twitter.com/mang0ld/status/1598776604721057793
https://twitter.com/mang0ld/status/1598780362955853824

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Dec 03, 2022, 07:32:34 PMAlso does not help when test screenings have also been extremely negative consistently.

https://twitter.com/mang0ld/status/1590824102256050176

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Until I watch the film, I'm not inclined to believe anybody but it does look like some of those rumors line up.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Not even the director himself?

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Based on what I hear and and what I see, again, it lines up. And honestly it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

My only hope for Indy 5 is that those rumors are wrong, and the film is actually good.

Again... Time travel

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Time travel could very well be a thing here. I'm cool with that if it's true and curious to see how it is integrated (Antikythera Mechanism? Die Glocke?) and executed before writing off the concept on the whole.

The other stuff you're citing, though? Not happening.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Again, I don't like the idea of time travel being integrated with Indy Jones because of how lazy it is, being utilized to be this sort of cure-all for certain stories.. and if it involves time travel, I can easily see all of that happening..

Immediately reminded of the Terminator franchise now..

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

But... the director explicitly confirmed that that's not what is happening.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

It's not going to alleviate my fears until I watch the film. Because even if a big chunk of the rumors aren't true... I dismissed them all because no one would screw Indy up that badly until I watched the trailer... Even if they weren't true, I feel like time travel is gonna be a big part of whatever's happening and it's just going to feel more contrived than it should be.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

This is going to be epicoOo bruh ^^👉👈

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Dolby's 4K upload of the trailer (with embedded subtitles, for some reason):

Highland

Highland

As a big Wolverine fan I thought Mangold pulled the character right back into line. I'm actually more pumped that he's the director over the fact we are getting a new Indy.

I'd put a couple of chips on this being good  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed