Unfortunately I totally agree.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Also, content

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Would it be accurate to say that Halo Infinite is, in fact, an abject failure?

DarthJoker45

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

An abject failure? Nah. Battle Pass is trash though.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Got any merch?

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 01, 2021, 04:49:56 AM
Got any merch?
I got a Brute Chopper megabloks set and a couple figures by the current manufacturer, the rest of my Halo stuff is from the McFarlane days circa Halo3-Halo4.

Local Trouble

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Having been on said sub-reddit, I didn't see it. I could very easily have missed it but the issue with the sub-reddit was that everyone was pissed that the leaks turned out to be legitimate, and it's becoming more and more accurate to release that Infinite will not only be launching unfinished but launching gutted. The stuff gutted will and has been sent to the Cash shop, the battle pass even originally been longer and chopped up for cash shop content.

Nobody was saying they couldn't have a cash shop or battle pass (then again nobody asked for FTP multiplayer) but a mixture of the prices and where and how that content was meant to be obtained was a kick in the dick everyone felt. For those not worried since campaign has unlocks, it's been confirmed armor lockers only produce emblems and a couple of coatings. The same people who told the sub-reddit they'd been wrong turned out to be full of shit and admitted as much earlier today since at least one of them revealed there was no armor unlocks and got locked out of the game for revealing that. thus ending up forcing a retraction to get back in.

You also had issues with the gameplay loop being slow and while the band aid of more daily experience is good, it's still incredibly slow by design since challenges are otherwise how you level up and nobody liked that. Further infuriating players since a number of challenges are still asinine like ending killing sprees or near impossible like finding a scorpion which a surprising number of the community still can't do.  Bots while can backfill are also not doing it in some cases leading to half empty lobbies (also not counting for challenges), lobbies are focusing more on challenges than the objective, and you can't choose playlists. Oh yeah, there's also an XP limit as after 50 games you're no longer getting a daily.

The playlists thing people got into a snit about because of the challenge system and nobody wants their 14th game of Oddball when the challenge is CTF. People also don't always want to run Oddball or CTF and just wanna play slayer. A dev stepped in (can't remember which one it was) said it was to not have empty lobbies and segregate playlists..., but then have bots to backfill when a player leaves. So what was stopping them from having bots fill in empty slots before a match starts?

You also have the just confirmed no replay of the missions. Makes sense for an open world game right? Except there are collectables like skulls that you can miss in the intro sections and never be able to claim them without restarting the whole game. There's also interiors mid game you can't return to. So if you miss a collectable 7 hours in, you're f**ked until your next run. Collectables carry over but it sucks you can go the better part of your way in the game and still miss something. It'd be like if you missed a BOB in Reach and had to run the entire game over just to kill a single enemy.

So yeah, the community has been a little pissed lately and 343 had been doing nothing to remedy the situation other than an XP bandaid. The sub-reddit was locked down because mods couldn't keep up and 343 got pissy with us because shock of all shocks, they f**ked up and we got mad. That all being said, I do not condone harassing the devs. But 343 and Microsoft (neither are blameless) spent all that time creating an early access game nobody asked for.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 06, 2021, 05:43:31 AM
I think you could use one of these:

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/halo-infinite-master-chief-with-grappleshot-dark-horse-comics-908719
Nah. I've already got a Master Chief figure from McFarlane. I think it's Halo 3? 3 or 4, I'm not sure.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Today is the day, Spartans. Remember, there won't be an AvPGalaxy, if we don't stop The Banished.  8) Happy Hunting!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Have you cleared your schedule?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed