Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 270,553 times)

SM

SM

How were they killing humans against their code in War?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The whole reason they cheated Noguchi out of going with them was so they could kill humans without her interference.

I forgot though that they are only unarmed in the novelization of War.  In the comics they do have weapons. 

Either way its only because the MAX shows up that any of them survive. 

SM

SM

I thought they just arranged to have Machiko out of the hunt 'cos they didn't like her.  Hunting humans doesn't break any codes.

Mind you I only ever read the comic.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

In the comic killing humans didn't break their code because the humans were armed.  It would've broken Noguchi's code though.

In the novelization they turned Vincent (who was a former Marine in the comics) into a wuss and none of the surveyors had weapons.  It was just slaughter for slaughter's sake. 

happypred

happypred

Quote from: SM on Apr 29, 2014, 02:43:57 AMThe fact her didn't kill her and made sure others didn't is respect enough.

It's possible to look down on someone but still be appreciative of their help

Did Broken Tusk view her as an inferior who helped him and who therefore deserved protection...or did he view her as an equal warrior? Was he giving her the mark simply to protect her from investigating predators...or did he actually think her worthy of membership in a predator clan? You can't tell from the comic. There's room for different nuanced interpretations   

In the novelisation, Broken Tusk almost admires Machiko

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Christopher Sebela just dropped some AvP pages!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52561

That is some awesome and weird stuff!

Predator pencil, too!

DEACON

DEACON

So the deacons have been cut out entirely ??? 

Ultramorph

Quote from: DEACON on May 02, 2014, 07:40:21 PM
So the deacons have been cut out entirely ???

I wouldn't say that. Keep in mind that none of these pages are from the Prometheus comic.

Some Alien pages, too:

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Super Predators are in this? Seeing the Berserker look-a-like and the feet anatomy.. I'm not too pleased about seeing those things again. Really not pleased at seeing them.  :-\

And to think Sebela said we wouldn't be seeing them. Guess that was meant to mislead us or they changed their mind. At least Olivetti has improved in drawing Predators, not making them look like Orcs.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Give over Rakai, jesus christ even I don't complain this much about the AVP designs.

Albino guy is really weird though.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 02, 2014, 10:10:04 PM
Give over Rakai, jesus christ even I don't complain this much about the AVP designs.

I see you doing that a lot about the Alien designs for AvP. Point is.. I don't like the Super Predators at all as a concept. I just didn't think that they were necessary or warranted.

And the mutation guy is pretty weird. Reminds me of the bug-men in a way from the Colonial Marines comic. At least in terms of behavior anyway.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 02, 2014, 10:13:12 PM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 02, 2014, 10:10:04 PM

I see you doing that a lot about the Alien designs for AvP. Point is.. I don't like the Super Predators at all as a concept. I just didn't think that they were necessary or warranted.

And the mutation guy is pretty weird. Reminds me of the bug-men in a way from the Colonial Marines comic. At least in terms of behavior anyway.

Neither is the Queen, or the Colonial Marines, or the Spear.
It just adds to the EU in a cool way. IMO

And it doesn't replace anything at least.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 02, 2014, 10:23:49 PM

I disagree. And we're going to leave it at that.

You guys have fun with this comic.  :)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 02, 2014, 10:27:42 PM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 02, 2014, 10:23:49 PM

I disagree. And we're going to leave it at that.

You guys have fun with this comic.  :)

I guess we do, to me your avi is a more annoying idea than the Super-Preds.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

..........it looks like more of the same to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed