Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 774,411 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

"I know now why you cry."

Kradan

Kradan

Always makes me about to tear up

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Always makes me think of Tom Hiddleston impersonating that line on Top Gear and accidentally doing Peter O'Toole.

The King's Man

It's been a long time since I've been this disappointed by a movie. I love the first two, but this one fell completely flat. Fiennes was excellent but winds up getting lost in a film that tonally is so incongruous it just never flows; I know the first two mixed comedy and drama, but they almost always managed to strike a fair balance between the two. This swung between them so wildly it wound up feeling all over the place. The WWI stuff was the best part (and to be fair the shock plot twist was quite effective) but otherwise it felt like a waste.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Extended Cut

Wompdonkey

Wompdonkey

A few nights ago I went saw Barbarian in theaters. Really awesome horror movie with some humor to it.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 24, 2022, 10:40:27 PMThe Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Extended Cut

My personal fave simply because there is some wonderful characters introduced so beautifully IMO (I like the rather smaller scale of this one compared to the 2 sequels to come) - best colour palette of all 3 films.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

In Fabric

The f**k even was that? :laugh:

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Extended Cut

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 26, 2022, 09:49:58 PMThe Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

No other film makes me tear up as much or as many times as this film.
The Ride of the Rohirrim is for me the greatest cinematic scene ever filmed. Seeing on the big screen ... incredible. The music, the emotion, the visuals, everything about it. Incredible.

And boy when Frodo says goodbye to Sam at the end ...  :'(

Amazing film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Sep 26, 2022, 11:35:52 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 26, 2022, 09:49:58 PMThe Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

The Ride of the Rohirrim is for me the greatest cinematic scene ever filmed. Seeing on the big screen ... incredible. The music, the emotion, the visuals, everything about it. Incredible.

Amazing film.

I could maybe do without the skull avalanche in the extended cut but otherwise it's great.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 26, 2022, 11:40:08 PM
Quote from: Prez on Sep 26, 2022, 11:35:52 PM

Amazing film.

I could maybe do without the skull avalanche in the extended cut but otherwise it's great.

PJ recalling his earlier horror roots. Also I wish Shelob (whilst terrifying) was more true to the original designs of her. There is a bit in the book (if I recall) where Sam sees Shelob come out of nowhwere and run at Frodo with frightening speed and we never got that in the film.

That said we got so many wonderful moments in that film I can't fault it at all.

kwisatz

kwisatz

RotK has fantastic moments but FotR is the better movie overall imo.

FotR>RotK>Towers for me

Then again the whole trilogy is so good in sum that ranking the movies seperately in a way feels kinda wrong

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

All three are basically 10/10s for me so ranking is pointless.

Prez

Prez

Agree with both @kwisatz and @KiramidHead statements there. 10/10 or is that 30/30  ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

See How They Run

Black Dynamite

Snatch

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed