Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 827,881 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Before I Wake (2016)

Much, much better than the mixed reception led me to believe. Even if Thomas Jane looks f**king comical when he starts shilling the XBox Kinect ten minutes in.  :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on May 22, 2022, 07:14:29 AM
Quote from: Kradan on May 21, 2022, 06:27:18 PMMatrix Reloaded

Matrix Revolutions

Spoiler
Couldn't sleep last night so just took of my laptop and started rewatching Reloaded. Man, I can't get enough of these movies. I know they're flawed movies, oftenly they feel like a compilation of great scenes badly glued together but I'll be damned if they're not captivating to watch.

I wouldn't call myself a particularly big fan of "action movies" but holy shit I can watch these scenes on loop:

I absolutely adore final Neo vs Smith even though it doesn't make a lot of sense why Smith wouldn't just send all of his clones against The One. I guess, it makes it feel more personal when they're just one on one and it doesn't matter really 'cause Neo still "loses" in the end

Love that visual parallel - everything that has a beginning, has an end

Also, Battle for Zion is such a basket of crazy stupid fun. I mean, giant robots with big guns operated by humans versus spaghetti bots, c'mon, gotta love it

That scene is might be too stretched out and eventually one begins asking "When are we gonna get back to Neo and Trinity ?" but it has a lot of great character moments. It's nice to see movie take a moment to show that it's not only Neo who is fighting for survival of humanity - it's the collective struggle of all the humans. Captain Mifune's death is gotta be my favourite of these moments:

"- Captain, I didn't finish the training program.
 - Neither did I"

Sequels throw so many interesting characters at us, it's crazy. Only if you care enough to listen what they have to say, of course:

And, of course, the man responsible for a pretentious speech to put an end to all of pretentious speeches:

Spoiler
Searched "matrix architect gif" and this is just too good to not put in here

[close]

Score deserves a special mention - so many memorable tracks !

[close]

Spoiler
Can't believe I forgot to mention the best thing about sequels - Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith. Neo eliminated him in the first one, his return was never properly explained (just as most things in these movies are -"I don't fully understand how it happened" lol) but f**k it, he is back, he's running havoc against everything and everyone and I'm glad he is. Seriously, each time that man is on screen I shit my pants with joy

Also, gotta love that exchange

[close]

Wow, I finally read the whole thing. I didn't know you were so interested in The Matrix. :o

Kradan

Kradan

Reloaded and Revolutions, to be more specific. As good and mind-blowing as the first Matrix is, it's ultimately a crowd-pleaser which utilises old as the world "hero's journey" formula. I'll always pick a movie that takes risks and weird turns and doesn't work for everybody over that. I don't particularly like "perfect" movies because they don't really allow for an interesting conversation, there're only so many ways you can say "The Matrix was amazing !" That's why I'll pick Alien 3 over Aliens, Dark Knight Rises over Dark Knight (seriously, try say something good about it besides Heath Ledger's performance was fantastic), Man of Steel/Batman v. Superman over any Marvel movie and Reloaded/Revolutions over original Matrix, because these movies are ultimately "imperfect", they are flawed and because of that they are interesting to pick apart, dissect, analyse what went wrong and what could've been done better or different

On a related note, whatever you may think of Resurrections (I still am not sure whether that movie was good or bad) it certainly picked my interest in these goddamn Matrix movies

Still have to watch Animatrix

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Quick and the Dead

Pretty well done western. Some neat Evil Dead cinematography as well in a couple scenes. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

A daft film, but an incredibly entertaining film.

Darkness

Darkness

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Better than the 2016 film. I only got 10 minutes into that one before switching it off. I don't think any Ghostbusters film will live up to the original two but the new one was alright.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

The Batman (2022)

A lot better than I thought it would be.

Prez

Prez

The Northman
I think I enjoyed the first half more to be honest. Just felt that 2nd half dragged on a bit too long. I loved Eggers' previous films but this one didn't hit as high for me.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Top Gun: Maverick

A basically perfect sequel that may even be better than the original.

Stitch

Stitch

Top Gun: Maverick
It's fantastic. Everything you want in a Top Gun sequel. 5/5

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 27, 2022, 06:53:25 PMTop Gun: Maverick

But do we get to see Tom Cruise running? That's a make or break it kinda deal....

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Gentleman Death on May 28, 2022, 04:25:24 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 27, 2022, 06:53:25 PMTop Gun: Maverick

But do we get to see Tom Cruise running? That's a make or break it kinda deal....
You see him running. Shirtless in fact.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)
The Phantom of The Opera (1925) [silent]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed