Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 487,769 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Expedition X

American Werewolf episode. Pretty interesting, though it's likely to just be a real wolf.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Farscape S4 E7-8

A bizarre comedy episode and then a Die Hard clone set in space. A good pair of episodes overall.

Prez

Prez

The Expanse - Season 4 episodes 1-5. I love this show.

Lisey's Story - Season 1 episode 6. Slow going this show at times but I feel the pay off will be worth it.

Physical - Season 1 episode 5. Rose Byrne and co are simply brilliant in this dark dramady.

Baron Von Marlon

Rick & Morty, season 5, episode 3
Another crazy episode.

Huggs

Huggs

Everybody Loves Raymond

Frank always made gettin' old seem less boring.

j0nesy

j0nesy

rewatching the dark crystal: age of resistance
still bummed it was canceled :(

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 06, 2021, 04:24:32 AMEverybody Loves Raymond

God I hate that show.

It's another of those painfully unfunny American sitcoms where someone says a completely generic statement then the audience bursts out laughing for no reason.

The_Nostromo_Files

Tales from the Loop

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Bosch. Finished the final season. I can't recommend this Amazon Prime Show enough. Worth the watch!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 06, 2021, 05:12:38 AM
rewatching the dark crystal: age of resistance
still bummed it was canceled :(

Me too.  :-\

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 06, 2021, 07:57:35 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 06, 2021, 04:24:32 AMEverybody Loves Raymond

God I hate that show.

It's another of those painfully unfunny American sitcoms where someone says a completely generic statement then the audience bursts out laughing for no reason.

I dunno, I've always found it rather funny. It was a big hit show in the US. Maybe, perhaps the humor just doesn't translate that well.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I can't even remember the last time I've ever heard a laugh track being used, as if there's something old and obsolete about a prompt trying to tell us "What are you stupid? Laugh you uncultured piece of shit".

Either that or I'm just not looking in the right places these days.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 07, 2021, 04:09:07 AM
I can't even remember the last time I've ever heard a laugh track being used, as if there's something old and obsolete about a prompt trying to tell us "What are you stupid? Laugh you uncultured piece of shit".

Either that or I'm just not looking in the right places these days.

Still constantly being used by crappy/average sitcoms, usually of a short run.
Not necessarily to point out a possible funny, but often to mask something unfunny.
Think there's articles about how some might even sound like a serious drama without the laugh track.

There's also an excellent It's Always Sunny episode on the subject  ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

There's an excellent video online of Big Bang Theory with the laugh track removed and it proves just how painfully unfunny that show is.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 07, 2021, 01:40:57 AM
Bosch. Finished the final season. I can't recommend this Amazon Prime Show enough. Worth the watch!

Yeah, I really loved Bosch, and unlike a bunch of Amazon shows I thought they ended* it well.

*Even if they're actually carrying it on.

Baron Von Marlon

I Think You Should Leave, season 1, episodes 1 and 2.
Pretty funny sketchshow on Netflix.

Guerra de Vecinos, season 1, episodes 1 to 3. Or 4.
A lower class Mexican family wins a mansion in a fancy secured neighbourhood which leads to a rivalry with the neigbours.
Anything but original but nicely done and entertaining enough.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 08, 2021, 09:32:40 PM
There's an excellent video online of Big Bang Theory with the laugh track removed and it proves just how painfully unfunny that show is.

Well both were filmed in front of a live studio audience, even though I would assume pre-recorded laughs are sometimes inserted as well. But I especially enjoy those moments when the audience can't stop laughing and an actor is trying to hold it in and the pause between dialogue lasts longer then intended. That actually happened pretty often with Everybody Loves Raymond.

But Big Bang Theory I loved, so I gotta disagree there. Not many shows bow out while still being the #1 series in ratings. I think the last to do that in the U.S. was Seinfeld.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 07, 2021, 01:40:57 AM

Yeah, I really loved Bosch, and unlike a bunch of Amazon shows I thought they ended* it well.

*Even if they're actually carrying it on.

Yeah, I guess I probably have a couple years to figure out how to watch IMDB TV before it airs, but I'm looking forward to it!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed