Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 774,111 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Stitch on Nov 23, 2022, 07:18:27 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Nov 21, 2022, 04:03:46 PMArmy of Darkness

What is it with these Evil Dead movies constantly retconing previous entries?

I think I enjoyed this one the most. Bruce Campbell made this movie and IMO the character of Ash Williams is more suitable for a straight-up comedy rather than a horror comedy

Also, THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK !
What retcon? I've seen edits of the trilogy where they're presented as one continuous movie.

Opening of Evil Dead II recaps events of the first movie but makes it seem as if there was nobody else in the cabin apart from Ash and Lynda. Then, Evil Dead II ends with Ash blowing the flying monster with his boomstick and being praised by medieval people as their savior sent by the heavens only for Army Of Darkness to open with Ash being enslaved and in chains for some reason

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 23, 2022, 08:13:16 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Nov 23, 2022, 07:18:27 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Nov 21, 2022, 04:03:46 PMArmy of Darkness

What is it with these Evil Dead movies constantly retconing previous entries?

I think I enjoyed this one the most. Bruce Campbell made this movie and IMO the character of Ash Williams is more suitable for a straight-up comedy rather than a horror comedy

Also, THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK !
What retcon? I've seen edits of the trilogy where they're presented as one continuous movie.

Opening of Evil Dead II recaps events of the first movie but makes it seem as if there was nobody else in the cabin apart from Ash and Lynda. Then, Evil Dead II ends with Ash blowing the flying monster with his boomstick and being praised by medieval people as their savior sent by the heavens only for Army Of Darkness to open with Ash being enslaved and in chains for some reason
That's less a retcon than a brief plot summary. The beginning and end of ED2 gives you the basic details of the preceding and proceeding films but without the full story.

ED1: Ash and his girlfriend Linda (as well as other characters who aren't important to the plot of ED2) go to a cabin in the woods, accidentally release the Deadites, and horror ensues.

AOD: Ash gets sent back in time, defeats the deadites, and gets praised as a saviour.

Pretty accurate to the beginning/ending of ED2 as well as ED1 & AOD, right? Less a retcon than selective details for pacing.

First Blood

First Blood

Justice League (2017)

Kradan

Kradan

Saw

Saw II

First Blood

First Blood

The Punisher (2004)

HOWARD SAINT!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Howard Saint - "You killed my son!"
*distant explosion*
Punisher - "Both of 'em."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And to think that son lived in the video game sequel.  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bones and All

Loved it, Luca Guadagnino is a master.

Kradan

Kradan

Saw III

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 23, 2022, 08:13:16 PMOpening of Evil Dead II recaps events of the first movie but makes it seem as if there was nobody else in the cabin apart from Ash and Lynda.
To be fair that's because they weren't allowed to reuse footage from the first movie, so they shot a quick recap. It's meant to be a straight sequel.

First Blood

First Blood

Barbarian (2022)

This was insane. Like, I kinda got where it was headed, but then it completely goes off the rails. Good shit.

Also Richard Brake is awesome.

Kradan

Kradan

Saw IV

Spoiler
Morale of the story: John must've REALLY hated Eric Matthews. He probably didn't appreciate all the beating Eric gave him in II
[close]

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

eXistenZ

Been rocking with the two weird Davids this year, Cronenberg and Lynch
This is a Cronenberg one I had yet to see.

Pretty cool and interesting realities-within-realities type story. Not my favorite film of his, but it had some decent philosophical themes and explorations, and some awesome Cronenberg fleshy practical effects.
Spoiler
The gun made of bones, that shoots human teeth is pretty rad
[close]
I enjoyed it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Violent Night

This was fun. It could have done a little more with the family members (Knives Out this is not in the character department), but the insane action and violence was entertaining as f**k.

And it's a shame that Mr. Scrooge's real name isn't Luigi Mario. :laugh:

First Blood

First Blood

Hellraiser (2022)

This was badass. A pretty solid remake, reboot, whatever you want to call it. When Pinhead said the line "We have such sights to show you" a little pee came outta me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed