Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 774,445 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 28, 2022, 03:47:53 PMCouldn't help but think of some of Giger's works myself when seeing it!
it's actually based on a beksinski painting

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Dont Worry Darling

I did enjoy this, but feel it could have been 20 Minutes shorter

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Extended Cut

Still enjoyable but a step down from the first. Smaug himself is glorious, though, and the reveal of the Eye is metal as f**k.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 30, 2022, 11:21:12 PMThe Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Extended Cut

Still enjoyable but a step down from the first. Smaug himself is glorious, though, and the reveal of the Eye is metal as f**k.
Way too much Legolas in it

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: choccy milk on Oct 01, 2022, 01:27:49 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 30, 2022, 11:21:12 PMThe Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Extended Cut

Way too much Legolas in it

It's both too little and too much for me, he doesn't really do a whole lot, but when he does, it's totally ridiculous and overblown.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Alien - The Director's Cut

Talking about the Alien DC in another thread really got me in the mood to watch this.  I ended up stopping what I was supposed to be doing and started watching.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Don't look up (2021) - AD version.

Brutal satire, a mirror for our times, and ended the only way it could.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: NecronomIV on Oct 02, 2022, 07:00:14 AMDon't look up (2021) - AD version.

This one gave me a good surge of anxiety for well over a month. The on-the-nose style works exceedingly well.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Don't Worry Darling

A waste of a good idea, really.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: NecronomIV on Oct 02, 2022, 07:00:14 AMDon't look up (2021)

I thoroughly enjoyed that, but the way it was both absolutely hilarious and completely terrifying really threw me for six.

My mate and I were both home alone over the weekend so we got together to relive our university years by eating junk and watching movies all day.

The Suicide Squad (the good one)

I never bothered with the first but Johnny was adamant I needed to see this. Loved it. Irreverent, hilarious, gratuitous and just plain good fun. Great to see Idris finally get a worthwhile role in a Hollywood blockbuster. And while I like John Cena as a bloke, I've always considered him utterly useless as an actor, so it was a nice surprise to see just how spot-on he was in this.

Ambulance

How the hell is this Michael Bay's second highest-rated movie on IMDb? Consensus from both of us was that it's crap. It couldn't decide what tone it was going for, was overly long and drawn-out, featured editing that was often downright nauseating, Jake Gyllenhaal was so ludicrously unhinged it actually became more annoying than entertaining, and overall it was just surprisingly forgettable. In fact the only thing I can remember with any clarity was the bit where
Spoiler
they spray the ambulance fluorescent green (for some reason), doing a really crap job of it so all the ambulance markings are still very obviously showing through, then drive it right past a huge crowd of cops that fail to notice it.
[close]
Don't get me wrong, the moment was absolutely f**king hilarious... I just don't think it was meant to be.

The Long Kiss Goodnight

One of my picks as Johnny had never watched it. I've seen it a bunch of times but it still managed to be better than I remembered. Some proper vintage Shane Black screenwriting in it. It's not the greatest movie Samuel L. Jackson has ever made, but this is without question my all-time favourite role of his. "I'm always frank and earnest with women - in New York I'm Frank and in Chicago I'm Earnest." And that hat!

Also in 2022 it's kinda nice to see an action film that feels this big whilst still clocking in at under two hours.

Serenity (not the Firefly one)

Another one Johnny insisted I see. WTF?! :laugh: Hurt slightly by my jokingly calling the insane twist in advance, but it's still a wonderful slice of what-the-f**k-were-they-thinking cinema featuring big-name stars giving their all to a project that was obviously off its rocker from the start.

kwisatz

kwisatz

The Dark Crystal

In preparation for the series. Even without the nostalgia I think this is still a pretty watchable movie with fantastic aesthetics

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022)

It's not the worst movie in the series per se, but easily the least interesting. X puts this movie to shame.

Prez

Prez

School holidays so plenty of films with the kids.
Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank & DC League of Super-pets

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Munsters (2022)

Dear god, Rob, what the hell was that?

kwisatz

kwisatz

2049 and Dune back to back

Five hours Villeneuve gloriousness jaja

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed