Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 830,604 times)

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Checked out The Empty Man last night

I skipped out on it when it first came out because it looked and sounded like one of those generic urban-legend/creepypasta jumpscare-fest horror movies (like the Bye Bye Man, Slenderman, etc), but I heard enough times that it was underrated, so I decided to check it out. And man, it was really mismarketed.

It kinda tiptoes around being one of those movies at certain points, but majority of it is a really interesting lovecraftian/cosmic horror mystery with a lot of atmosphere. It has some really striking cinematography as well. Got a similar vibe as Malignant, in that it makes you think it's going to be one movie, but then unravels into something else (was also pleased to see some subtle echoes of Twin Peaks: The Return in there too).

Not perfect, but I would definitely say that it's underrated and worth checking out!

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 28, 2022, 02:52:39 PM

I've seen these hands somewhere before  ...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

SPECIES

My monster girl

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 28, 2022, 03:36:53 PM
Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 28, 2022, 02:52:39 PM

I've seen these hands somewhere before  ...

Couldn't help but think of some of Giger's works myself when seeing it!

The whole scene/creature definitely gave me a lot of similar vibes to the space jockey and the scene where they find it. In both a visual and thematic sense. It even has the same boney/fossilized look and texture as the space jockey.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Extended Cut

Sorry, still like it.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Alien vs Predator

I find myself actually having way more nitpicks then I did as a teen.

Kradan

Kradan

I would like to see a comprehensive list

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Bullet Train (2022)

Had run watching this tonight with my brother. Really enjoyed it.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 28, 2022, 08:55:55 PMI would like to see a comprehensive list

Sorry, I'd rather play my map games instead.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 28, 2022, 08:46:56 PMAlien vs Predator

I find myself actually having way more nitpicks then I did as a teen.

Because it f**kin' suuucks

426Buddy

426Buddy

It Follows

Never watched this when it came out, went into it mostly blind. I'm still processing but what seemed a little silly actually became effective.

Antlers

Depressing and just too serious. I loved the creature elements and effects, very cool. But the Wendigo lore elements should have been more prominent. There was a lot of potential to be amazing but I think this just barely missed the mark. Still worth watching for the creature work.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Her (2013) - AD version.

A thoughtful film. Not quite sure if I liked it, but it was interesting.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 28, 2022, 11:58:03 PMIt Follows

Never watched this when it came out, went into it mostly blind. I'm still processing but what seemed a little silly actually became effective.

Antlers

Depressing and just too serious. I loved the creature elements and effects, very cool. But the Wendigo lore elements should have been more prominent. There was a lot of potential to be amazing but I think this just barely missed the mark. Still worth watching for the creature work.

I really liked It Follows. Cool soundtrack too.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 28, 2022, 09:30:08 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Sep 28, 2022, 08:55:55 PMI would like to see a comprehensive list

Sorry, I'd rather play my map games instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrouqF3FfI

Boo hoo partypooper

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Free Guy (2021) AD version.

Fun, and not entirely superficial.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed