Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 774,278 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Elvis (2022)

This was really good. Even with Hanks being more cartoony than he is in literal cartoons.  :laugh:

Stitch

Stitch

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

It's dreck. It's awful. Worse than I even thought it would be, and I thought it would be bad.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The VVitch

Super late to the party I know guys...

I think I'd rate it above The Northman but below The Lighthouse.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Event Horizon

Good but full of really crappy jump scares. Anderson before Milla made him go booty blind.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 26, 2022, 01:31:19 AMEvent Horizon

Good but full of really crappy jump scares. Anderson before Milla made him go booty blind.

I'd say the concept's pretty good, Sam Neill's pretty good, but Cooper and Anderson being Anderson kill it stone dead. 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 26, 2022, 01:35:48 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 26, 2022, 01:31:19 AMEvent Horizon

I'd say the concept's pretty good, Sam Neill's pretty good, but Cooper and Anderson being Anderson kill it stone dead. 

Yeah, Cooper is basically a less good version of every LL Cool J character in a movie.

I give Anderson some credit, he actually came up with the Hell idea himself. The first draft instead had the ship and crew influenced in some way by weird octopus aliens, and it wasn't very well explained. I largely think the movie needed more breathing room for certain scenes.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Alien: Resurrection

why yes I love the Heavy Metal-lite French queer-coded psychosexual cyberpunk horror penned by le directeur mon ami Jean Pierre Jeunet

Prez

Prez

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 26, 2022, 12:52:19 AMThe VVitch

Super late to the party I know guys...

I think I'd rate it above The Northman but below The Lighthouse.

Yep I concur.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Silent Hill: Revelation

Terrible, but in an very entertaining fashion. Kit Harrington's dopey expressions are comedy gold.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 27, 2022, 02:05:41 AMSilent Hill: Revelation

Terrible, but in an very entertaining fashion. Kit Harrington's dopey expressions are comedy gold.

Absolutely travesty what they did (twice), to two of the most deeply affecting and intelligent stories about trauma.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Mystery Men

X-Men The Last Stand

The Other Guys

Lightyear

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Total Recall (1990)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Lake Placid

"I brought a pork chop for luck, Maybe you can wear it around your neck."

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Fargo + Twin Peaks + Toni Collette I'm Thinking of Ending Things (2020)

I felt somewhat bored and distracted, but it's an interesting concept.
Spoiler
If you saw Joaquin Phoenix's Joker, you can expect similar though more confusing narrative.

Spoiler
In the end, it's all an inner fantasy of a depressive, with a somewhat schizoid personality, janitor who dreams of a more successful version of himself.
[close]
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Mission: Impossible (1996)

Still my favorite of the series, it's the most spy thriller focused of them all.

Mission: Impossible II

And this one is still shit, and over directed to hell and back. The f**king doves.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed