Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 830,846 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 26, 2021, 01:58:41 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 24, 2021, 11:52:58 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 24, 2021, 11:00:49 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 23, 2021, 05:20:55 PM
What, no Sudden Death?

Considering Sudden Death and, was it Timecop, were both considered his top tier movies? I never owned either and really need to rewatch those.

Both were directed by the underrated Peter Hyams.

Ah, no wonder then!

Underrated indeed. I adore Hyam's great "2010 - The Year We Make Contact". That film right now is criminally underseen. Then there is "Outland". And I have a real soft spot for "End of Days". I've  probably watched that a dozen times.

I always thought his movies had that same Ridley/Tony Scott look to them.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Matchstick Men

I haven't seen this since it hit DVD, it's great fun. We need more Ridley and Cage collaborations. "PISSED! BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!"

Billiken

Billiken

The Martian. Love this movie

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

House of Gucci

Liked it, didn't love it.

Billiken

Billiken

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 26, 2021, 07:30:15 PM
G.I. Jane

I wouldn't quite put this among Scott's best, but it was a heck of a lot better than I was expecting. Even if it does sort of feel like Ridley somehow got handed one of Tony's projects by mistake.

You are totally right. I always thought it was Tony Scott film

Stitch

Stitch

Meander

Currently on Sky Movies. It's an interesting film that starts one way and finishes another.

The majority of it, though, is like Cube. Woman wakes up, finds herself trapped in a confined maze with various traps, and has to survive. Since I really enjoyed Cube, I rather enjoyed this.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 26, 2021, 07:49:58 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 26, 2021, 01:58:41 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 24, 2021, 11:52:58 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 24, 2021, 11:00:49 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 23, 2021, 05:20:55 PM
What, no Sudden Death?

Considering Sudden Death and, was it Timecop, were both considered his top tier movies? I never owned either and really need to rewatch those.

Both were directed by the underrated Peter Hyams.

Ah, no wonder then!

Underrated indeed. I adore Hyam's great "2010 - The Year We Make Contact". That film right now is criminally underseen. Then there is "Outland". And I have a real soft spot for "End of Days". I've  probably watched that a dozen times.

I always thought his movies had that same Ridley/Tony Scott look to them.

What's cool is I remember Peter also DPs his films!

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Resident Evil: Welcome to Racoon city

Didn't like this film at all.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Mandy (3.75/5)

What a crazy, awesome, brutal, unique and weird movie! I've been wanting to watch it for some time now and was not disappointed! This movie checks off the great music, cinematography and overall feel of a movie I enjoy.

Reason I didn't mark it higher was it could've been trimmed down time wise.

(I wanna see more Chedder Goblin!)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

A Good Year

Crowe is great, but the movie as a whole just isn't up to snuff, despite a few admittedly funny bits. This is a film that's been done a hundred times before, and this isn't a terribly exceptional spin on the theme.

Prez

Prez

Nitram

Deeply disturbing yet once again another excellent Australian biographical film by Justin Kurzel (with his brother in tow on the tunes). I was chatting to Tristan Jones about this on Insta stating how I went into this film not knowing who it was really about - Australia's worst ever mass shooting tragedy. And how sheepishly it took me a while to finally click who this was about.

Kurzel's films aren't easy viewing - always unsettling but he manages to nail the Australian tone of life even in the most darkest of events.

Brilliant performances in front and behind the lens.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

I had some fun with this.

Prez

Prez

Dune
5/5

Jaw dropping visuals and if you love slow-burn sci-fi then this is right up your alley. I've never read the books but I'm very well versed and respectful of them.
No one in the world is making sci-fi films as good as Denis V. Stunning. Absolutely grand in scale and do yourself a favour and watch it on the biggest and loudest cinema screen you can find.

Kradan

Kradan

Dennis V. Stunning ? That's a director I've never heard of

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I prefer to be called Voodoo B. Stunning, so it's not that unique.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed