Prototype Demo Running on Oculus Rift

Started by ikarop, Jun 10, 2014, 12:40:13 PM

Author
Prototype Demo Running on Oculus Rift (Read 13,587 times)

ikarop

ikarop

https://twitter.com/AlienIsolation/status/476181446621532161

QuoteA prototype experience of #AlienIsolation will be on the Oculus Rift stand. For those brave enough to try it.

NickisSmart

Oh, nice. Would love to hear impressions about this.

SM

SM

lol 'Riley'

I'm not much into this sort of stuff, but it does look like it'd be great fun.

Predatorium

That guy in the video made a total fool out of himself. He said AlienS Isolation twice and said you play as Riley...

PsyKore

This game and Oculus were made for each other. I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2014, 08:09:13 AM

I tried the Rift at a EuroGamer and didn't enjoy the experience. Gave me a head-ache and I couldn't focus on it and I know Shevie said the same thing when he tried it at EGX. I can imagine the experience being just...horrific, if you get on with the technology though.

Darkness

I don't think the tech is quite there yet and won't be in our life time. When I think of virtual reality, I expect to be moving inside the thing i.e. there is no control pad or external controls, you're completely inside the game and moving as you would normally - not just your head.

Cal427eb

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 11, 2014, 02:17:30 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2014, 08:09:13 AM

I tried the Rift at a EuroGamer and didn't enjoy the experience. Gave me a head-ache and I couldn't focus on it and I know Shevie said the same thing when he tried it at EGX. I can imagine the experience being just...horrific, if you get on with the technology though.
You must be quite prone to motion sickness then. I tried out the rift and it was great. I had zero problems except for that it was hard to read some text because of the low resolution.

Corporal Hicks

Nope. I'm prone to sea sickness on stationary boats but that's it. I don't like 3D though, I never have. I struggle to focus on it.

SM

SM

3D movies I don't mind so much, as gimmicky as they are, but 3D TV makes me nauseous.

ADC

ADC

I'm a big fan of O-Rift and it's come on leaps and bounds since I first had a demo. So much money is being poured into R&D for this thing that I think it's going to have impact. The Game of Thrones demo really is amazing and I would love to play this game on the thing after seeing that footage. It works for me but I think, statistically, something like 17% of people have problems with stereoscopic viewing. Having said that, one could play a game conventionally all night but I'm not sure how long I could go on the O-Rift in a single session.

Corporal Hicks

The press are really loving it! I hope they do bring out a complete game for the OR. I can see this being a must have for those with the kit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed