Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 171,647 times)

VEF214

Hey Rebs, just one Q.

When will all the campaign Marine skins be available as a DLC package?

Jumpman

Hi Rebellion,

could yall please touch up some of the skins, such ass the wolf predator skin and the celtic predator skin to make them look more like the movie versions

FrankO

why can the predator pounce-stun an Alien non-stop until death?

hellrazr1231

Quote from: FrankO on Feb 23, 2010, 03:27:53 AM
why can the predator pounce-stun an Alien non-stop until death?
Why can't an alien knock over a pred/marine moving at extreme speed or focus attack off a wall (it randomly does it, where pred always does) alien should get the right to stun of focus attack (point of view from pred player)

affinity

Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 22, 2010, 08:15:12 PM
Hey Rebs, just one Q.

When will all the campaign Marine skins be available as a multiplayer DLC package?

Best question!   Please answer this one first!   ;D

Saberous

The smart gun, why is it the way it is?  Its nothing like the movie. It empties so fast and there is no ammo spawns for it. Why is that?

What gets me is it sounds and fires like a Gatling gun with auto tracking.  Besides the looks its nothing like the movie and for a die hard fan of the series that is a big thing.

The movie/behind the scenes(aliens quadrilogy) and the Aliens Colonial Marine manual had the specification of this weapon. Two Fire Mods, semi fire(4 round burst) and fully automatic. It also has a 300 round mag.

The MP has it at a 100 round mag full auto and feels to me and my friends nerfed compared to Single Player and survivor.  Why isn't the smartgun like the movie.

In regular MP 100 rounds isn't a lot compared to the never ending supply of pulse rifle ammunition.  At most you can fire at 3 to 4 target before you need to grab for a new weapon and then wait almost three to five mins for it to respawn.  IMO it feels like a useless gun.  Why isn't there more ammo for the gun?

I know there's balance to be considered but to me and a lot of my friends and clans mans we feel the gun would be better if it was more the movie and had a 150 round mag or some ammo spawns in regular mp and survivor 300 + another mag.

Tequila

Where are the female skins?  Come on, the girl gamer market is here, wake up. :-\

Anyhow, as any WoW player will tell you, it's not just us girl gamers that want them.  ::)

Valheru

Hi Saberous,

Just to answer part of your question, there are ammo spawns in the way of the re-spawning smart gun itself...if you hang around long enough, it respawns and you get ammo from walking over it and if you haven't used up all your previous ammo I believe you can build it up to about 100 in the gun and an extra 250 ammo in extra magazines...this is what I found on a survivor map anyway, picked it up and already had like 350 ammo (100 in gun and 250 extra).

I do wish they had done the sound better, I still have many fond memories of it from AVP1....this iteration does not remind me of it at all or pay homage to the movie. And I also don't understand seeing silhouetted enemies through walls and obstacles??

Cheers!

Valheru

Komat

Quote from: redxavier on Feb 22, 2010, 12:31:50 PM
Earlier I commented about the inefficient matchmaking system, but I notice that the player match system is actually far superior to that of the ranked match, with you remaining in the lobby after each game. This cuts down time spent searching significantly.

Is it possible to implement a lobby for ranked matches?
The point of the ranked matches is that you do not have much control about with whom are you playing. This limits people ability to boost theirs rank by playing a put-up match with friends or intentionally playing additional matches with the same weak players. So I think that the current state of the ranked matches is entirely intentional and will not change. Also if I remember correctly, such behavior of ranked matches is required or at least heavily recommended on the X360.

hardwired

hardwired

I hope something happens to the stealthkill.

Several people do, like you can see in that poll / thread, even the people got different opinions what should happen:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=29682.30

POLL results of 90 people that voted:

decrease the range of it
- 31 (25.8%)

change the way of the activaition (hold the button for 2 seconds for example)
- 14 (11.7%)

decrease the range and change the activaition
- 15 (12.5%)

make an option to turn it off
- 23 (19.2%)

just usable against rines
- 0 (0%)

remove it
- 3 (2.5%)

no fix needed
- 34 (28.3%)

In the thread are some other ideads to change it.

Just talkin for me:

I dont hope only for reduce the range, then make it really a real stealthkill and unabusable so you can fight two aliens/preds as pred/alien. Even the damn rines are better in this (in meleerange!). Thats something even AVP2 accomplished.
I like the game, but that really ruins it for me in many matches (not all, cause it depends on some factors).

Saberous

Quote from: Valheru on Feb 23, 2010, 11:20:13 AM
Hi Saberous,

Just to answer part of your question, there are ammo spawns in the way of the re-spawning smart gun itself...if you hang around long enough, it respawns and you get ammo from walking over it and if you haven't used up all your previous ammo I believe you can build it up to about 100 in the gun and an extra 250 ammo in extra magazines...this is what I found on a survivor map anyway, picked it up and already had like 350 ammo (100 in gun and 250 extra).

I do wish they had done the sound better, I still have many fond memories of it from AVP1....this iteration does not remind me of it at all or pay homage to the movie. And I also don't understand seeing silhouetted enemies through walls and obstacles??

Cheers!

Valheru

Hey Valheru,  Thanks for the response.  That is one long wait for a gun respawn it has to be over 3 minutes in regular mp I have the PC game. I have never seen the gun respawn in survivor after you pic it up.  I spawned right near the gun when the match started.  It was a 15 min match MTDM. I had the gun for a good 3 minutes on ruins no one was on that side for a while.  Finally I was attacked and killed, I spawned ran to the area and still had to wait for it to spawn.  When it finally did there was 11 minutes left to the match. That's a long time when you compare it pulse rifle, ammo is 30 second respawn and I feel the smart gun isn't more power then the pulse rifle at all. 

After testing I found no two weapon spawns where the same(how that was i don't know).  I did get an average of 4 minutes for the smart gun.  I found that the pulse rifle required less ammo to kill an alien or predator in the body then the smartgun.  These tests where at stationary targets, It took 7 to 10 rounds from the pulse rifle to kill and alien 15 to 20 to kill a Predator.  With auto tracking on or off i found that it took 15 to 20 rounds to kill an alien and 20 to 25 rounds for a predator.  Burst shooting the weapon didn't do anything in my tests.

Maybe I need to clarify and reword my questions to Rebellion.

A few questions to ask rebellion?
Why isn't the smartgun  not like the movie.  It feels more like a Gatling gun sounds like it too.
Why is the smartgun doing less damage then the pulse rifle?
Why does it require more rounds to kill then the Pulse rifle?
Why does it take almost 4 minutes to respawn?
Why isn't the smartguns mag bigger? If it does less damage and has a longer ammo respawn why the low ammo?

redxavier

Quote from: Komat on Feb 23, 2010, 12:18:14 PM
The point of the ranked matches is that you do not have much control about with whom are you playing. This limits people ability to boost theirs rank by playing a put-up match with friends or intentionally playing additional matches with the same weak players. So I think that the current state of the ranked matches is entirely intentional and will not change. Also if I remember correctly, such behavior of ranked matches is required or at least heavily recommended on the X360.

I understand, except the rank progression in this game gives players no advantages whatsoever over lower ranks.  In games where you unlock superior abilities and better weapons this kind of restrictive system makes sense but unlocking skins is hardly grounds to impose such restrictions. If people boost or abuse it (which they can anyway due to glitches outside the multiplayer) who ultimately should care?

Quote from: Wrist Blades on Feb 23, 2010, 05:44:54 PM
The biggest gripe I have which also could get the easiest fix is that the game doesn't give us players any variables to toy with when we set up games to be searched. Since it's a P2P system of hosting, you could voluntarily host a game but with the ability to:
- toggle friendly fire on and off
- toggle friend indicators on and off both on HUD (the arrows) and on the radar (everyone would emit a blip instead of those friendly crosses)
- increase or decrease (or even disable) Predator's time limit in Predator Hunt
- set the fixed player count for each match
- set species ratios or even disable some of them (so that you could make species or mixed species deathmatches with one species missing)
- give species specific weapons from the get-go or disable or enable specific weapon spawns in the match

All this could be added to player matches only both on consoles (I'm playing on 360) and the PC so that you couldn't cheat ranks.

You can alter some of these in player matches if you are the host (FF, species ratios, and player counts, match duration), but some of the other ones would be neat. I find the predator's time limit in hunt mode to be a bit too pushy, especially when you can't move around too quickly (well you can, the marines will just know where you are).

Wrist Blades

Wrist Blades

Quote from: redxavier on Feb 23, 2010, 07:01:19 PM
Quote from: Wrist Blades on Feb 23, 2010, 05:44:54 PM
The biggest gripe I have which also could get the easiest fix is that the game doesn't give us players any variables to toy with when we set up games to be searched. Since it's a P2P system of hosting, you could voluntarily host a game but with the ability to:
- toggle friendly fire on and off
- toggle friend indicators on and off both on HUD (the arrows) and on the radar (everyone would emit a blip instead of those friendly crosses)
- increase or decrease (or even disable) Predator's time limit in Predator Hunt
- set the fixed player count for each match
- set species ratios or even disable some of them (so that you could make species or mixed species deathmatches with one species missing)
- give species specific weapons from the get-go or disable or enable specific weapon spawns in the match

All this could be added to player matches only both on consoles (I'm playing on 360) and the PC so that you couldn't cheat ranks.

You can alter some of these in player matches if you are the host (FF, species ratios, and player counts, match duration), but some of the other ones would be neat. I find the predator's time limit in hunt mode to be a bit too pushy, especially when you can't move around too quickly (well you can, the marines will just know where you are).

Do the console versions give those same options or is it PC only? I'll edit those out if it's so (and also sorry for being retared by not noticing them).

EDIT: Edited them out. Thanks!

redxavier

I'm playing on the 360 and if you create a match you can fiddle about with these settings. I always turn FF off when playing survivor with my friends for instance.

pie2010q

Hi Eric

Thankyou for coming an helping us with our questions.

Just wondering is there going to be a Patch for the Ps3 versions of AVP  for the freezing issues people have been having.

Thanks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed