Andrew Li AvP2 Interview

Started by Darkness, May 26, 2007, 07:10:38 PM

Author
Andrew Li AvP2 Interview (Read 11,016 times)

Predboy

Predboy

Im alright with the news on the sewers, I dont want to know too much because then that would mess up the movie experiance. I'm fine with the news they already gave us.   8)  

topman

topman

right lets get one thing straight! Alien1 and 2 were made about 20 odd years ago!! back then things were a little cheaper but NOW things are a lot more expensive to do and buy!! so do not compare the budget size of the previous movies because you cant!

the dude

the dude

well look on the bright side, at least its not going to be a big budget effects fest flop.   :P  

Brent

Brent

Several times throughout the interview, the person mentions at how small the budget was......   This could actually be a good thing. Having a smaller budget .... SFX guys always want more money. Directors always want more money to work with. At the worst this will be better then AVP 1

Bio-Mech Hunter

Bio-Mech Hunter

My only real concerns are that the Strause bros. might be including only one predator for the film, portray him as an all-powerful, god-like being and the aliens as mindless cannon fodder for him to trounce over in a similar manner to the comics. As if they might be trying to (over)compensate for the relatively bad rep the preds from the first AVP film had. We'll just have to wait and see first. *crosses fingers*  The low budget comments have me a little bit concerned as well. There was quite a bit more Paul wanted to do in the first film but was limited to a short time period and a small budget. Hopefully, the Strause bros. won't fall victim to that. Personally, I rather enjoyed the first AVP film. It wasn't perfect and there were a few things I would have done differently, but all in all, I wouldn't say it was a bad film. It does blow my mind, however, that so much good footage was eliminated from the final cut and didn't even get re-inserted back into the "Unrated Edition". The preds really needed their staple tech sfx, too. lol

MoBiUGeArSkIn

MoBiUGeArSkIn

What's the budget? AvP cost what? 70 million? Not a massive amount for a summer movie. The budget references in this interview are all relating to sets though. The directors have already said the film is "effects heavy", perhaps that's where the cost is.

War Wager

War Wager

I just hope the put the money in the right places... (which I'm sure they will)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

You mean you hope they did.

Spoon

Spoon

Im sorry but for a sci-fi movie sure budget means alot. Its what helps it be believable.  In this day and age it has a large impact.  The standerds are so high now a days that if you were to release say aliens today people wouldnt look at it the same way.  Movies like the new star wars wouldnt have been as good as if it didnt have a huge budget.  I rewatch episode 3 only for visuals and not for script becuase it sucks, same as espisode 2. Lucas had 20 years to wright a killer script but I think the visuals are the only thing that made those movies survive.  Visuals and realisum is a HUGE factor in sci-fi

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Do what Cameron did, use miniatures.

beeko

beeko

this film is gonna rock - even with a small budget they can still pull it off. and when it makes good money at the box office they should get the go ahead for avp3

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

I have two worries: one, that usually in a movie like this the largest portions of the budget go to the decors (art direction)  and Visual FX... If the major sets will be the sanatorium, the sewers and the Predator Spaceship, it is intriguing, if not scary, how they are gonna pull that off... nevertheless, that is part of the appeal for me...     ;)  

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

It also scares me that this is going to be the 'smallest of the lot' especially with us fans wanting 'bigger and better' all the time... Well, I usually do... But going back to Alien roots is advisable for a movie of these 'small' dimensions... I have my reservations on the VFX budget though... 34 mil for actors, film crew, sets, FX, prosthetics ADI crew, seems kinda small, don't you think...?    ???  

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

Yutani you got a point but the actors arnt all that well known there good though but they got cheap ones for the movie and the strause brothers i have faith in them they have made works of art outta worst and they can do it with this movie and anymoney this movie will bring in ALOT more then 34million cause people are wanting to see them go at it again but this time on predators turf and im talking about the none fans i have 10 15 people at myhouse who are all going on opening night we have a box in my room with 600 dollars for everyone cause we are gonna be camping out out front of the theater to see the movie and i no people are gonna be there with us and you guys will 2 SO IN OTHER WORDS HAVE FAITH IN THE SERIES AND CREATORS .....f**k anderson i hope he reads it to

avpguy

avpguy

i think it maybe good but i want the queen in their and anderson was f*king bad but there was 1 thing i liked about avp and it was the queen alien and predalien and i thought the queen was a cool queen and it actually ran 35 mph at Lex    >:(   it died by lex who i wanted to die but not Scar but Anderson doesnt know physics and he lets a person like lex go fast at 15 mph while a 6 ton queen alien runs 40 mph and lex coulda got pancaked. I hope the running queen is in their and i hope the strause know physics. and I think the predship might look like the 1 half avp ship and 1 half pred 2 ship. I hope strause say in ur face anderson   :D  I HATE ANDERSON.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed