Andrew Li AvP2 Interview

Started by Darkness, May 26, 2007, 07:10:38 PM

Author
Andrew Li AvP2 Interview (Read 11,019 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Alien Experience have done an interview with the assistant art director on AvP2, Andrew Li. There’s a lot of interesting stuff in it about the predator ship and the sewer set.

“I worked mainly on the sewer set and the predator spacecraft… We wanted to keep the sewer relatively small so that the aliens and predators would look very menacing and horrifyingly huge in the set… When we seen him wading through the sewer water hunting down the rogue aliens, he definitely looks VERY, VERY scary!!! For the spacecraft I built a physical model… We did not have a big budget for this set so we tried to put a lot of the money in the beautiful sculpted predator architecture of the ship…”

Sounds like we may see something like the Predator 2-style ship. He also hints that the film will carry on from AvP with the Predalien Chestburster: “For the Predator, we got a glimpse of their starship at the ending of the last AVP when we see one of their own lying dead on a Predator altar bed. We take cues from that design and ramp it up for our version of the altar bed and the Predator spacecraft. “ On the downside, this interview confirms my fears over the budget. Several times throughout the interview, the person mentions at how small the budget was.  :-\

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Budget doesn't scare me one bit, money doesn't make a film good nor will it make AVP2 good, the directors genius mind will. It's all mind power, not money power.

The Ultimate Predator

I'm not overtly worried about the budget. It could still be good.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Uhm....hip clothes? SCARY aliens in a small town? OooooOOooo  ill reserve my official  judgement when the trailer comes out

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Even though I enjoyed the first AVP, it was a bad movie. I guess I like bad movies then, behead me for it!   ::)    But theres no way in hell AVP2 can be worse than Pauls version of AVP, no way!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Can't wait, Predator hunting down the Aliens in the sewers, best news all day.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

budgets never bother me, all the alien and predator films never had a massive budget but they looked good, meaning the sets and stuff.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, but he referenced the budget many times. It seems to me they had to cut down on a lot of stuff and things would have been a lot better had the budget been higher. A few things have clicked into place for me reading that interview but I\'m not going say what.

Champiionser

Champiionser

Hell Aliens was made for 18,000,000.Alien is made for 11,000,000.But this movies turn out to be not only good,they're legend.The predator and alien creatures are the best i have ever seen on screen,the small budget is not that big of a problem.Really it is good to have a big one,but to not have doesn't kill the movie.But there is no way to be smaller than 11,000,000 right?

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Spill it Darkness, I want to hear!

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

On the good side, Darkness, I don't think we need anymore confirmation that this will be R-Rated stuff. The budget was obviously in mind when they decided on an audience.  So at least we'll be getting an adult film this time around.

Darkness

Darkness

IRT: ChampiionserYou can\'t judge the budgets on the original films because of inflation.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I just hope the movie is good.

War Wager

War Wager

I'm really looking forward to more news on the sewers scenes. It sounds like it could be a good action sequence...    8)  

SiL

SiL

Budget doesn't concern me because he said, on the whole, it was a small-scale picture. Most of my favourite movies were done with smaller budgets; generally, the lower the budget, the more creative people have to be to sell the movie. This could work to their advantage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed