Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,813 times)

[cancerblack]

Any joy with the primers?

razeak

I bought a cheap airgun and used the Valejjo on the APC. It worked like a charm after some practice. Who knows. Maybe I thinned it too much or not enough or something the first time.

I need to get some good lighting and take a pic of the king. It has a few minor things, but overall I'm pretty pleased considering how long I've been doing this.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: razeak on Jan 05, 2020, 12:59:51 AM
I bought a cheap airgun and used the Valejjo on the APC. It worked like a charm after some practice. Who knows. Maybe I thinned it too much or not enough or something the first time.

I need to get some good lighting and take a pic of the king. It has a few minor things, but overall I'm pretty pleased considering how long I've been doing this.

Good to hear. For taking pics, i just use a cheap old phone with macro settings and flash on + a dark background, it's not great but you can see things fine.

razeak

I reshaped the APC with hot water. I did a lot of sanding to help get a fit, but I think I'll stop where I'm at so I don't make a mistake I can't come back from. I would say it fits about 95% correctly. The top is held up a hair too high by the door.

The Old One

The Old One

Sounding good.

razeak

Have you guys painted any APCs or Dropships? I'm trying to decide on color. I see some that have a lot of brown tones, and I typically think of drop ships as dark green. I think the film props had more.brown in them though than most of the ones I see on Google.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd get into it, but the absence of the H.R Giger Alien is, ultimately restraining.

SiL

It's there. The unicast Infants are the Giger Alien design.

Infant - Alien
Warrior - Aliens
Stalker - Alien 3

The original model designs/multi part figures are based on the AR/AvP/AvPR designs.

The Old One

The Old One

I see the Aliens and Alien³ ones but, not the Alien ones, anywhere though.

SiL

These guys. They're basically the Aliens body with a smooth head, but it's still pretty close. Some people have done great paint jobs with transparent dome effects on them.

The Kurgan

If you want some pose variation you could also take the alternate warriors and sculp some domes on them if you got a hand for stuff like this.

They are also basically prodos version of Jimbo's warriors, add a dome and it's as close as it gets with prodos I think.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 29, 2020, 07:48:08 AM
If you want some pose variation you could also take the alternate warriors and sculp some domes on them if you got a hand for stuff like this.

They are also basically prodos version of Jimbo's warriors, add a dome and it's as close as it gets with prodos I think.

To satisfy FI you'd need to add the dome, change the elbows, add more thumbs and trim the tail sail, i'm sure.

SiL

I'll be honest, I didn't even notice the arms were the Warrior design on the Infants until I shared the image above :'(

[cancerblack]

Oh, and fix the feet. Also, the pink infants have the rez/avp style flat cranial rear.

t. painted 25 of them.

SiL

That's honestly not terribly noticeable when playing with them.

Source: have played with them several times and didn't notice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed