Predator Tongue!?

Started by G8RSG1, Sep 11, 2010, 02:40:31 AM

Author
Predator Tongue!? (Read 10,310 times)

G8RSG1

G8RSG1

I'm sitting here watching Predator 2 with my wife, in the scene when CH is doctoring himself up, it shows a shot of his face, and I noticed what seems to be a tongue moving behind the lower jaw. Has this been confirmed or denied?

BANE

BANE

Denied. I think the best reference is when Harrigan takes off the predaors' mask in the slaughterhous, the creature says "mother f**ker" with a very clear shot of the mouth. No evident tongue, despite the fact that it sad "mother f**ker".

G8RSG1

G8RSG1

Have you noticed what I'm talking about though? It looks almost like a second set of teeth or something behind the first.

BANE

BANE

Just before he puts the blue cauterizing substance on his arm, it looks like some sort of barbed tongue thing...probably just a piece of the...throat hole (I forget the word), though. We didn't see it when he spoke or when it was at rest previously, why now? However, I do see what you're talking about.

Those?

G8RSG1

G8RSG1

Yessir, that would be it. Kind of interesting, because in that shot it does look like a barbed tongue. However I can see how that would be part of the opening of the oral cavity.

ridetofight

ridetofight

i noticed it a couple years ago - its definately NOT on opening - the opening to the back of his throat is shaped like a, ahem, vagina - like harrigan's name for the predator. whats there is another appendage - its forked, and has texture to it - its not just a the hole, which tapers to a point towards the top. not seeing it in other scenes probably has more to do with what mechanics/animatronics they were able to fit inside the hero head with or without the actor's head inside, rather than what the true biology was supposed to be. its something thats actually moving up and towards the back of the throat.

SiL

SiL

To all those people who insist it's shaped specifically like a vagina, look at the back of your own damned throat and see if it looks familiar at all.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: SiL on Sep 14, 2010, 01:06:25 AM
To all those people who insist it's shaped specifically like a vagina, look at the back of your own damned throat and see if it looks familiar at all.

*checks*

Oh my GOOOOOO--

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

It is definitely 100% a tongue in City Hunter's/Ghost's mouth, you can see his forked tongue in the scene when he is in the bathroom as it moves up and down. Also if you look at the concept artwork by Stan Winston i put here, there is even a forked tongue in the mouth on the sketch. So it was intended.

Katanu

Katanu

Huh... I'll pay attention to that next time I watch Predator 2.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Oct 28, 2019, 04:25:10 AM
It is definitely 100% a tongue in City Hunter's/Ghost's mouth, you can see his forked tongue in the scene when he is in the bathroom as it moves up and down. Also if you look at the concept artwork by Stan Winston i put here, there is even a forked tongue in the mouth on the sketch. So it was intended.
Do you really believe that it was intended to be noticed by anyone while watching the movie without paying a special attention to Pred's oral cavity?
I would leave it as a conjecture without a confirmation from somebody who worked on it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Enjoy!

Katanu

Katanu

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 02, 2019, 02:18:02 AM
Enjoy!

https://media.giphy.com/media/vXEkzbRHsT06A/giphy.gif

https://media1.giphy.com/media/QcOHBURvAn4kM/giphy.gif

Thanks for that!
Yeah. I agree.. it's his tongue! Never noticed that.
Cool detail  ;D
Stan Winston was amazing, his Predators are the best, hands down.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Katanu on Nov 02, 2019, 03:03:20 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 02, 2019, 02:18:02 AM
Enjoy!

https://media.giphy.com/media/vXEkzbRHsT06A/giphy.gif

https://media1.giphy.com/media/QcOHBURvAn4kM/giphy.gif

Thanks for that!
Yeah. I agree.. it's his tongue! Never noticed that.
Cool detail  ;D
Stan Winston was amazing, his Predators are the best, hands down.

So much THIS!!! 

Sorry ADI, I know you guys worked for Stan for a spell, but your Predator work pales in comparison to the late, great Stan Winston and his studio!

#SayNoToCrabators

The Old One

The Old One

A detail new Predators overlooked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed