Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,330,910 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

This bit in an early draft of the first movie... Chris Pratt antics decades early.  :laugh:

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Jumping in on this thread for the first time, so sorry if anything I post has been addressed or said before.

Was not a fan of Dominion, but I went back and watched the prologue and was like "why was this cut from the movie?!". The film did not need to be longer, but it certainly would have started off on a much better foot with those scenes left in. The whole sequence of going back in time to show the dinosaurs alive and in their natural habitat (which also ties in with shots/scenes at the end of the film), in a very documentary kind of way, was *chefs kiss*. I'll probably go back and revisit that prologue more than I will the full film lol.

Quote from: Highland on Aug 22, 2022, 12:30:34 AMFelt a little bit like the third star wars film or rogue one at the start, where you're just zipping about different places one after the other and the film is basically trying to introduce a three movie plot in 20 minutes.

I think that's the problem with these movies,they'd all benifit from someone sitting down and having a big story to tell over just these one shots with the same people.

I definitely got a lot of the same vibes as RoS too! I think the whole Jurassic World trilogy is pretty comparable to the Star Wars sequel trilogy as far as generally missing the mark, being an unplanned mess, and being a disappointing more and more with each entry.
I feel like they had more of a plan with Jurassic World, with the end goal being dinos ending up in mainland society, but they just seemed to get cold feet and abandon that in the film that's supposed to bring that idea to fruition. Major disappointment.

ace3g

ace3g

Stitch

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Stitch on Oct 01, 2022, 01:30:30 AMThey are gorgeous and I want one
If you can get past the paywall, this is the one time to do it - Mr. Orosco was among the original sculpting & painting crew.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: choccy milk on Oct 01, 2022, 01:34:07 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Oct 01, 2022, 01:30:30 AMThey are gorgeous and I want one
If you can get past the paywall, this is the one time to do it - Mr. Orosco was among the original sculpting & painting crew.
Yeah. Unfortunately I don't have a spare £2000...

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'd be a beautiful addition to my collection but... $2,866 in Canadian...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Stitch on Oct 03, 2022, 06:44:54 PMYeah. Unfortunately I don't have a spare £2000...
Hah, I can relate. I always see these things and sigh because with that kind of money I would (and should) buy something else  and yet...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

lol I loved that Plot twist  ;D

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Excellent JP trilogy dino style guide & size chart -

https://dinomikemak.weebly.com/paleo-publications.html

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Gilfryd on Nov 17, 2022, 01:50:02 AMExcellent JP trilogy dino style guide & size chart -

https://dinomikemak.weebly.com/paleo-publications.html

And here's a video if you don't want the PDF (which has been updated/corrected) -

Some other cool videos -

thexenomorph

thexenomorph

As somebody who loves all of the films, I hope they take a break like between the third and fourth films. That will make the next trilogy even more anticipated for me.

That being said, I hope there is a live action series between now and then, since fourteen years is a long time!  ;D

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

JWE2 is getting another Dominion themed DLC soon, it will be revealed on the 29th and has been teased with Atrociraptor barks on their Twitter

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 26, 2022, 11:56:29 PMThis bit in an early draft of the first movie... Chris Pratt antics decades early.  :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/RZ5OPha.png
Only just seen this post, 3 months late. That's got to be from Crichton's first draft of the script because that's pretty much taken straight from the novel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed