The Predator Will Be R-Rated!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 13, 2016, 07:21:54 AM

Author
The Predator Will Be R-Rated! (Read 29,843 times)

mace-in-the-face

Can someone tell me how a movie that has not even been filmed yet get a definitive R-rating? Contract negotiations? What if the script doesn't call for it? We are going to end up with CGI blood and a girl getting cut in half with a shuriken that defies physics, like some previous Predator installments. Frankly, I am tired of Hollywood hacks thinking that just because an Alien or a Predator movie has an R-rating, that is going to make everything all right. I am still trying to figure out why Prometheus had an R-rating.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on May 14, 2016, 01:22:11 PM
Can someone tell me how a movie that has not even been filmed yet get a definitive R-rating? Contract negotiations? What if the script doesn't call for it? We are going to end up with CGI blood and a girl getting cut in half with a shuriken that defies physics, like some previous Predator installments. Frankly, I am tired of Hollywood hacks thinking that just because an Alien or a Predator movie has an R-rating, that is going to make everything all right. I am still trying to figure out why Prometheus had an R-rating.

Shane Black made the rewrites after Dekker , and he will direct too, he knows it's R.
I guess he asked to get carte blanche, and a big budget and they accepted.
I think Black knows the R rating is not enough , but he's a great writer so you won't get another avp OR predatorS.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on May 14, 2016, 01:22:11 PM
I am still trying to figure out why Prometheus had an R-rating.

That abortion scene.

Shane knows the script will call for R rating because he wrote the script and is directing it and he knows what he's going to show us.

Mike

Mike

Black supposly wrote the treatment script and Dekker is writing the actual script but how does that work. Wouldn't the treatment be considered the actual script?

Btw, That's a sick picture of Predator 2 posted! He looks badass! Always loved the film, always will. :D :D

Whiskeybrewer

A treatment is just a blow by blow story of what is going to happen and that is fleshed out in a proper script. Unless your Cameron of course and you write a scriptment which is a combo of the two

Mike

Mike

Well of course James Cameron is just amazing at what he does

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Anyone surprise that it will be rated R? I don't think Fox will be stupid enough to make it PG-13.

bobcunk

bobcunk

I can't remember if promethious was rated are, but wast avp the only one that wasn't? The movie has to be good to begin with, if aliens was the same but ilimenated the swearing and stuff that got an r rating it would still have been just as good. Same goes for things like terminator 2,it wasn't the r rating that made it good but I do thing it's stupid if the make things like Friday the 13 or saw a pg rating since though are only about the blood and gore.

blood.

blood.

It sounds like Shane doesn't want to be held back by a PG-13 rating, rather then pursuing a R rating, which seems to be a mistake a lot of filmmakers have done in the past

Corporal Hicks

I don't think anyone is claiming that the rating means it will be a sure thing. I just think it's something that people do continue to care about after the debacle that was Alien vs. Predator and that it shows that one of the mature aspects of the series isn't being compromised.

Bob

Bob

Wouldn't be surprised if Fox's Dead pool influenced this.

Corporal Hicks

Black has said that Deadpool's success did help.

PRJ_since1990

When I saw Predators in theater for the first time, I was on the edge of my seat. I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. But after watching it several times since then, I realize it was more of a let down. I never got the same feeling outside the first viewing. Predator and Predator 2, however, still give me good vibes when I watch them. There's something special about those films (more so the original, but I love both) and I sincerely hope Shane Black can capture that same feel that makes you want to revisit the movie time and time again. Just my 2 cents.   

overthere

overthere

I know what you mean. For some reason, Predators lack any sense of being watched and hunted. In the original, you sense the dread, it's eerie and you feel like something's there watching them. It's a huge jungle but it feels claustrophobic. Predators didn't achieve that feeling.

Mike

Mike

I love Predators. I thought it was a nonstop suspenseful horror movie. The makers wanted to make it a horror movie and it's awesome. Always loved Predators, always will. I'm game for any Predator movie for life.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed