Predator: Hunting Grounds Launch Trailer!

Started by molasar, Apr 21, 2020, 02:40:06 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Launch Trailer! (Read 9,830 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: D88M on Apr 22, 2020, 01:27:07 AM
It still looks awful, this is the kind of game that nobody is even gonna remember a month after launch, let alone play.

I'll forget this comment long before I forget this game. :P

littlesprout

I lost interest after the music. Also, think this is not that predator game we've been waiting for. AVP 2010 still did it the best

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: littlesprout on Apr 22, 2020, 04:47:10 AM
I lost interest after the music. Also, think this is not that predator game we've been waiting for. AVP 2010 still did it the best

I agree, even with the lack of content AvP 2010 was incredible. Even by today's standards the graphics look great.

molasar

Quote from: littlesprout on Apr 22, 2020, 04:47:10 AM
Also, think this is not that predator game we've been waiting for. AVP 2010 still did it the best

Definitely I am not a part of "we" in this case and AvP(2010) did not attract me with anything when it was released.

Corporal Hicks

While I love 2010 (and that game still looks damn gorgeous), I'm definitely a bigger fan of the Predkour system.

Andrija

Andrija

Agree!

426Buddy

Quote from: D88M on Apr 22, 2020, 01:27:07 AM
It still looks awful, this is the kind of game that nobody is even gonna remember a month after launch, let alone play.

Do you ever get tired of being you?

Moondog16

Moondog16

I played the trial and I have to say that Predator hunting ground is a garbage game. Extremely limited functionality, clunky game play and awful visuals. I feel lucky I got a refund for this turd.  :'(

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 22, 2020, 09:20:12 AM
While I love 2010 (and that game still looks damn gorgeous), I'm definitely a bigger fan of the Predkour system.

Agreed. While I enjoyed AVP 2010, I was never a fan of the target focus jumping. Moving around had such a stuttered flow.

Corporal Hicks

I did enjoy the focus mechanics. Like much of how 2010 handled, it did have a learned curve, but it became very fluid and easy to use once you knew how to. But again, I still prefer the Predkour and think it's a very natural development of the focus.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Just my take: I bet if I had played multi-player with a regular rotation of maps, terrain levels and my response to them would become second nature and ultimately resulted in a much more fluid experience and resulting opinion for me. But since I only played the campaign, every terrain and its elevations were basically new. I still had fun playing it though, but I am grateful survivability of the Predator in AvP 2010 campaign didn't require much elevated agility like Hunting Grounds seems to demand.  :)

426Buddy

I really liked the focused jumping in AvP2010, I thought it was a great idea to make you feel a little more like a Predator. But yeah after multi and single player you do get pretty good at using it to move around more fluidly. But like much of AvP2010 it has some great ideas and mechanics that just needed more time and money to flesh it out more.

Alien Grand Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 22, 2020, 12:39:15 PM
I did enjoy the focus mechanics. Like much of how 2010 handled, it did have a learning curve, but it became very fluid and easy to use once you knew how to. But again, I still prefer the Predkour and think it's a very natural development of the focus.

I just wished we had a first-person option and fewer UI overlays.  I don't like the on rails branch system of following the red trail.  I would probably prefer a wall walk system similar to what we had with Aliens in previous games where you could walk/jump anywhere.  (of course more limited to climbable surfaces for a predator.)

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Bout my deluxe edition in February I'm ready to strap this on your SUARUS BLANE!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed