Introducing Walter, Alien: Covenant's New Synthetic

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 10:29:12 PM

Author
Introducing Walter, Alien: Covenant's New Synthetic (Read 49,039 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Comeon gents, play nicely. If you have any issue with another member, please raise it with staff or use the reporting function. We're not all going to agree but if you're going to disagree with each other, do it civilly. And Bishop, we've spoke about the condescending attitude before.

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

I keep reading it as "water" not "walter." It seems like an odd choice, a bit of a throw-back name. I wonder if there is any significance in it, as such a name couldn't be randomly chosen? And thanks Hicks for all these updates over the last week.

whiterabbit

Walter is such an enigma. It's pretty much a David but named Walter... I'm starting to dig this D is to W thing cooked up above.

Scorpio

D and W are both in WeylanD..

But both David series of androids.  Ash, Bishop & Call were all separate series.

markweatherill

So anyway, 'Walter'.

It 'disnae' make sense. :)

motherfather

motherfather

That would make a fine "where's walter?"scenario in a mass Android assembly plant.

I don't know. Im losing interest and patience in all things Androidy. If you wanna make a film about Robots, then make a film about Robots.

Just don't twist a perfectly fine film about aliens into a "David the robot" show. Thats my biggest fear at the moment, whereas previously it was a fear that prometheus 2 movie would be a "hey dudes its the David and Shaw space road trip" show.

(As much as I like Fassbender, his character shouldn't carry the movie)

Yes, im grumpy. Somebody has to be.

PsyKore

I remember Holloway had some contempt for androids. Maybe that's a common attitude towards androids at the time and "Walter" is given to it make fun of it. It may still be a "David" android however.

TheLordKunthar

TheLordKunthar

So, Ridley decides that the Alphabet is too good for the Alien universe and breaks stride? something tells me he couldn't come up with a cool sounding E name >.>

Honestly, I'm all for Fassbender coming back in 2 forms, one as character and the other as a plot progressive device, but something tells me this is going to be a rinse and repeat of Prometheus.....

Necronomicon II

The crew probably just gave him a pet name.

whiterabbit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCVR_ajL_Eo

I wonder... if calling Walter a Robot would anger him? From the description he does appear to be the "sentimental issues" model. It would be funny if it was a direct relation to the Hyperdyne Systems 120-A/2's. You know, the ones that get all twitchy and go on murderous rampages. :P

Maybe it's the Lawrence of Arabia link. Lawrence's younger brother was called Arnold Walter ... tenuous link ... maybe ...

Necronomicon II

whiterabbit

It's amazing how many possibilities the AVPGalaxy crew are able to cook up over just a single letter and casual relationships. I wonder if that's what people would do on those long space ward voyages of the future. Just cook up some epic stories to pass the long boring night. It'll be like a renaissance but in space.

BishopShouldGo

I just hope that whatever happens, the original David appears in the next two entries after Covenant. Maybe even a flashback or dream sequence of the real man David was based off of. Weyland's son? One can dream.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 02, 2016, 10:00:22 PM
It's amazing how many possibilities the AVPGalaxy crew are able to cook up over just a single letter and casual relationships. I wonder if that's what people would do on those long space ward voyages of the future. Just cook up some epic stories to pass the long boring night. It'll be like a renaissance but in space.
Lol, I can imagine an AVP Galaxy voyage; where along with epic stories there will be frustrating political rants and everyone ejecting themselves out of the airlock while Hubbs is left on board on his lonesome. ;D :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed