Predator 2’s rotten Rotten Tomatoes Score

Started by City Hunter Yautja, Jul 23, 2021, 07:51:25 PM

Author
Predator 2’s rotten Rotten Tomatoes Score (Read 10,212 times)

City Hunter Yautja

Predator 2 has 30% rotten score on Rotten Tomatoes. It recently had 29%. What is worthy of being skinner alive is The Predator has 33% rotten score, higher than this amazing sequel!
Adding insult to injury, many of reviews on Rotten Tomatoes for Predator 2 don't have any words; i.e. no review, just negative stars.

I recognize for most Predator 2 cannot eclipse the original, but it is not a bad sequel. In fact, time and reviewing it has swayed many to see how good of a film it is.

IMbD had 6.3 rating for Predator 2, which is far more reasonable. While The Predator has a 5.3.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 23, 2021, 07:51:25 PM
IMbD had 6.3 rating for Predator 2, which is far more reasonable. While The Predator has a 5.3.

Predators has 6.4, that's the real f**kery right there.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, they both really should be higher. But on-par or barely much difference between the two is right.

Huggs

...The Predator has 33% rotten score, higher than this amazing sequel!

Proving once again that people suck, and their opinions are overrated.

Kradan

The Predator has 33% rotten score, higher than this amazing sequel!

:D :D :D

I don't see what's the problem

Stitch

Personally, P2 holds a weird position. P1 is definitely the better film, but I think P2 is more rewatchable. It's worlds better than The Predator.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 26, 2021, 06:03:35 PM
The Predator has 33% rotten score, higher than this amazing sequel!

:D :D :D

I don't see what's the problem

b&

Kradan

Master Chief

Those Rotten Tomatoes scores are wrong.

/thread

Yautja888

Spy Kids 93% according to RT. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spy_kids

Predator 2 is not a guilty pleasure, it's a terrific sequel.

Master

Seriously,  who cares about rotten tomatoes? They are abit like Academy Awards. High score on RT and Oscar doesn't necessarily mean the movie is any good. There are plenty examples available.

nanison

Predator 2 is amazing. How can you not like the final act? The end battle starts in a freezer, goes to a rooftop into the opposite building, down an elevator into the enemy spaceship. brilliant stuff.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 28, 2021, 05:04:45 PM
All Rotten Tomatoes scores are wrong.

/thread

Voodoo Magic

Much of the problem with the Rotten Tomatoes critical score at least is "Predator 2" was released before the internet age, where the production occurred even before IMDB's infancy existed or Rotten Tomatoes was created, while "Predators" did, equalling a much smaller sample size and not very reflective of today's audiences. I mean 2010s Predators has 204 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and Predator 2 has only 30 total reviews with some reprints from the 90s, only 8 reviews after 2010, and nowhere even enough for a consensus these days.

It's also really interesting how Predator 2 is aging very well, made evident most recently by reviewers like Chris Stuckmann 11 months ago where he, not sure why, perhaps because of the low quality of films these days, once felt P2 was bad, then a guilty pleasure, then came to realize Predator 2 is a good movie: B-.

Kradan

I liked Predator 2 before it was cool  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed