What the pod ending SHOULD have been

Started by Frosty Venom, Jan 03, 2019, 06:49:30 AM

What should have come out of the pod at the end of The Predator?

Predator Killer Suit
Dutch
Royce
Isabelle
Xenomorph
Ripley
Newt
Hybrid
Harrigan
Author
What the pod ending SHOULD have been (Read 9,269 times)

Samhain13

All the options are bad. The pod shouldn't be something that was meant for humans neither a human character. Because why? Why would the Fugitive just happen to have a human stored in there?

The best idea would be no pod at all.

Huggs

Huggs

Indeed. It should've just been that fugitive is being hunted by hybrid as a punishment, not for stealing anything. Like a death sentence. He got a head start and was hunted all the way to earth. The humans were just caught in the middle. There was no plan to help anybody.

And fugitive should've had a chance. It would've been nice to see how a predator handles being hunted, what traps they would set, etc. Not just missing point blank and charging like an idiot. A cat and mouse game between the two of them over the course of the film would've resulted in a better viewing experience for me. Of course, you'd also need to remove the kid and the looney angle as well.

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jan 06, 2019, 06:25:00 PM
All the options are bad. The pod shouldn't be something that was meant for humans neither a human character. Because why? Why would the Fugitive just happen to have a human stored in there?

I voted for Royce as he'd make the most logical sense. But this post is spot on.

Without the pod/PK suit the film is bearable, IMO.

Huntsman

Charlize Theron in a bikini. A martini in one hand, and a pistol in another. "Lorraine Broughton reporting for duty."

Voodoo Magic

Huntsman

Ha, no more out of left field than the Newt idea!

The Old One

The Old One

Huggs

AVP-CAPCOM

I voted Xenomorph, but an actual Facehugger in an electronically sealed Lab Jar. Maybe the Queen Alien Superfacehugger design from ALIEN 3.

But again that would've gone down like a lead baloon with mainstream audiences who think AVP can't work.

Royce would've confused people as he isn't well known outside of AVP-GALAXY. Also in supermarkets no-one stocks DVDs of PREDATORS like they do with PREDATOR.

People would be "why is The Pianist inside a predator capsule?"

whiterabbit

Might as well have been David Dunn from Unbreakable... oh hell just plain old John McClane.

Huggs

Huggs

There never should've been a pod ending. Fugitive never should've been trying to help us. He should've just been on the run for different reasons that had to do with his own wellbeing. I'd rather predators didn't make nice with humans.

PsyKore

I think a film with a feud between predators could've sufficed. Have a group of people stuck in the middle of it and also bring back OWLF with Sean Keyes in charge and have them doing their own shenanigans. It really didn't need to be complicated or have stupid gimmicks like "what's in the pod?".

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 14, 2019, 12:42:48 AM
There never should've been a pod ending. Fugitive never should've been trying to help us. He should've just been on the run for different reasons that had to do with his own wellbeing. I'd rather predators didn't make nice with humans.

I agree!

Huntsman

Upgrade should've been on the run for dirtying the purity of the Yautja.

amesmonde

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jan 06, 2019, 06:37:10 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Jan 06, 2019, 06:25:00 PM

I voted for Royce as he'd make the most logical sense. But this post is spot on.

Without the pod/PK suit the film is bearable, IMO.

I agree Royce makes perfect sense, what he had learned etc from the 'game reserve', subsequent drops and the human DNA Fugitive Predator. Would have made an interesting set up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed