What the pod ending SHOULD have been

Started by Frosty Venom, Jan 03, 2019, 06:49:30 AM

What should have come out of the pod at the end of The Predator?

Predator Killer Suit
Dutch
Royce
Isabelle
Xenomorph
Ripley
Newt
Hybrid
Harrigan
Author
What the pod ending SHOULD have been (Read 9,154 times)

Vermillion

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 05, 2019, 05:09:44 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 05, 2019, 05:05:17 PM
It's obvious who should have been in the pod...

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l3fZTyHwvar2ID8Aw/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c30e37f7932356d3677ae0f

I think I just heard Verm's soul cry out in pain.
Yup. Just as loud as the millions of souls on Alderaan.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 05, 2019, 05:27:43 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 05, 2019, 05:09:44 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 05, 2019, 05:05:17 PM
It's obvious who should have been in the pod...

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l3fZTyHwvar2ID8Aw/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c30e37f7932356d3677ae0f

I think I just heard Verm's soul cry out in pain.
Yup. Just as loud as the millions of souls on Alderaan.

Have a bunny from the Emergency Soul Relief fund.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: irn on Jan 04, 2019, 08:16:17 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jan 03, 2019, 08:52:48 PM
Executive - " what if it's Royce in the Pod ?"

Black - "Wouldn't make sense, different time period"

Executive - " What about Ripley with Robotic face hugger'

Black - " Holy shit, that's it" *wipes powder off nose

You joke but that's probably how it went down in reality.

I doubt Black had much to do with this one at all. It reeked of studio interference.

I definitely prefer the suit ending out of the 3 options that got filmed, I'd have preferred it just ended before that with the "come and get us motherf**kers" line like it did in some of the tests.

But if they had to have something come out of the pod at the end, it should have been Royce or Isabelle. That would have been relevant to the franchise and might have given some lore implications about the clan conflicts.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 05, 2019, 06:43:17 PM
But if they had to have something come out of the pod at the end, it should have been Royce or Isabelle. That would have been relevant to the franchise and might have given some lore implications about the clan conflicts.

Indeed. The most logically thrilling choice.

Vermillion

Nah.
It should of been Hudson.
100%

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 05, 2019, 09:40:45 PM
Nah.
It should of been Hudson.
100%

*uncontrollable sobbing*

Huntsman

I wouldn't have had a pod. They didn't know what to.

Master

If and onyl if the really had to have this pod in, it should have been Royce. It would give franchise some integrity.

PsyKore

If they could bring Ripley and Newt back, then they could also bring Gary Busy back too. "Too late to go home now. Hehehahahaaa!"

The Old One

The Old One

Gary Busey with Spider legs.

Huggs

Huggs

Robobusey

The Old One

The Old One

Huggs

Huggs

I wrote a theory for Gary's return as a floating head. It's somewhere out there in the pages of AVPG history. I remember it caught some folks off guard.

Found it:

"I just figured when Olivia is looking at the predator masks behind glass, the camera will keep panning to the left until you see Gary's head sitting there like one of the masks. That's when jr. will say, "and this is dad". Gary's eyes pop open, and he floats out to meet them on a tiny little hovering space platter. Then he takes her on a tour of the whole place and shows off all the cool predator gadgets while constantly saying "remarkable weaponry".

Huntsman

The capsule opens up, and there's a DVD collection of all the past Predator movies.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PsyKore on Jan 06, 2019, 04:12:13 AM
If they could bring Ripley and Newt back, then they could also bring Gary Busy back too. "Too late to go home now. Hehehahahaaa!"

Hahaha. So much this! Then the camera should zoom into Gary's face 10 times before cutting to the credits!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed