Blaine's Death

Started by Darkness, Mar 30, 2007, 09:10:03 AM

Author
Blaine's Death (Read 64,914 times)

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

I just found that site today.

It's a treasure trove of awesome-ness. I love it.

PREDATOR1987

PREDATOR1987

I always thought he was shot by a speargun... :-\ at first,then shot with the plasmacaster

Predator King

Predator King

Quote from: PREDATOR1987 on Feb 14, 2009, 12:07:44 PM
I always thought he was shot by a speargun... :-\ at first,then shot with the plasmacaster

That's what I thought as well.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

A speargun sounds right to me.

Or...........what if Anytime threw a piece of Hawkins at him?

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

The site already said it was a Harpoon type weapon. An answer on AVPG about Predator, now fire and brimstone will fall from the sky, and we will all die.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteOr...........what if Anytime threw a piece of Hawkins at him?

i doubt it.

drake@

drake@

maybe he was shot twice or more?

Keith

Keith

It's hard to buy the harpoon gun thing when it looked like Blaine got knocked silly by a giant blood & guts-filled paintball or something.

It definitely caused Blaine to turn around so his back would be exposed to take the plasma hit.

It would be neat if "Predators" tried to explain the "mystery" of this weapon (but only if "Predators" turns out to be a great movie. If it's a crappy one, then I would have wished it stayed a mystery).

PREDATOR1987

PREDATOR1987

It looks like a speargun cuz in the picture it's in a dagger-like shape, and it looks like it grazes Blaine in the neck.

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

Don't know what it is, but I definitely know that's not plasma cast. Funny thing is that it starts spraying blood if you look closely.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Mar 31, 2007, 07:03:07 PM
My guess is that it could be some sort of organ from Hawkins.

Think about it, what is a better distraction other than being hit by a bloody organ?

LMFAO!!!

Seriously, that's hilarious!

SiL

SiL

That scene was the last bit they did before they overhauled the Predator design, and at that point the thing shot a bladed weapon at people. The blood spray isn't from the weapon itself, it's just a bad effect - If you watch it in slow-motion you can see it's being sprayed on from off-camera to Blaine's side, not behind, where it would be if it was the weapon.

out-at-night-mostly

out-at-night-mostly

Blaine's probably the victim of some unnatural monster that the Predator was suppose to hunt in Columbia

OOOH i sense a crossover  :)

Weasel

Weasel

I always considered it to be a initial low power cannon shot. Like in the AVP games you could hit someone with a plasma shot and they would still be alive. Just a low power cannon shot followed by a big one.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: thundercat*donn on Sep 14, 2009, 02:28:42 PM

Don't know what it is, but I definitely know that's not plasma cast. Funny thing is that it starts spraying blood if you look closely.

That's what it is. One hit to send him reeling, one to finish him off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed