New Marketing Campaign - Crew Messages

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 17, 2017, 04:02:01 PM

Author
New Marketing Campaign - Crew Messages (Read 24,270 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We might not be getting the TV spots that included some of this video but here's the marketing piece -

And another one! Oram this time.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Nicely done.

I actually love the found footage from the planet. I wish it could be incorporated into the film (who knows, maybe it is) but I know purists would crucify Ridley for using it.

Protozoid

These are really cringeworthy, IMO. Especially the Billy Crudup one. He seems hostile and he only reads two lines from a script? Sosososososo bad.

SuicideDoors

I liked them. Cool to see the mounted cameras on their backs were actually recording footage. Would be sweet to see an entire cut composed of all the footage they got on the planet.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Thanks Hicks I love these type Vids. 8)

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Protozoid on Apr 17, 2017, 04:09:27 PM
These are really cringeworthy, IMO. Especially the Billy Crudup one. He seems hostile and he only reads two lines from a script? Sosososososo bad.

Oram is evidently a stilted sort of intellectual unused to a leadership role or to social cues. He's also religious and insecure. I think it makes sense.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Apr 17, 2017, 04:13:26 PM
I liked them. Cool to see the mounted cameras on their backs were actually recording footage. Would be sweet to see an entire cut composed of all the footage they got on the planet.

I would love that! So much! I have a huge soft spot for found footage films and have often thought about what an Alien found footage fanfilm would be like.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 04:05:52 PM
I actually love the found footage from the planet. I wish it could be incorporated into the film (who knows, maybe it is) but I know purists would crucify Ridley for using it.

Why would "purists crucify" Scott for using found footage style video when he used it in both Alien and Prometheus?  ???

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Apr 17, 2017, 04:13:26 PM

That would be perfect IMO.

Protozoid

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 04:15:50 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on Apr 17, 2017, 04:09:27 PM

Oram is evidently a stilted sort of intellectual unused to a leadership role or to social cues. He's also religious and insecure. I think it makes sense.
It makes sense as a scene immediately following e viral where he wanted to make a speech. The piece of paper is the speech. But that doesn't account for Crudup's awful delivery and the brevity of the viral compared to the other one. Both of these are halfassed. Scott is repeating himself so much he ran out of Alien stuff and now he's cribbing from The Martian. It's like the advertising wants me to stay away.

echobbase79

I think the marketing campaign for this has been better than Prometheus. Not that I hated the pre-release material for Prometheus, but it wasn't very exciting.

I'd like to see some of the point of view footage put on the dvd/bluray release of the film.

salomonj

I enjoyed those. I just hope those clips aren't in the film. I'm not the biggest fan of shaky cam found footage.

The Alien Predator

I enjoyed those clips, thanks for sharing, Hicks!

Pvt. Himmel

Its like blair witch in space!!! 8)

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 17, 2017, 04:56:31 PM
Its like blair witch in space!!! 8)

You know, I actually had a thought of Daniels recording a message after shit gets real and saying "I'm sorry", similar to Heather from the first Blair Witch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed