List of Achievements for Alien: Isolation Revealed

Started by ikarop, Aug 15, 2014, 07:43:28 PM

Author
List of Achievements for Alien: Isolation Revealed (Read 15,074 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 16, 2014, 12:22:54 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 15, 2014, 08:18:12 PM
Quote from: aliens13 on Aug 15, 2014, 08:05:37 PM
But they already confirmed that the Sevastopol is going to be only location in the game.

Yea, but one can dream can't he?

The achievement is called Not the First, and to get you have to turn off a beacon, and the first thing that popped to mind was the Derelict's beacon, which the Derelict had been visited before by the crew of the Nostromo.

But it's probably more likely to be a beacon on the Sevastopol and the title of the achievement is just somehow relevant to a moment in the story.

Dallas already switched off the beacon in the Alien novelization, script and storyboard but I guess it is still fair game since it wasn't shown in the film.

Could also be the Nostromo black box beacon.
Dallas switched it off in the 'Alien' novelization, but according to the 'Aliens' novelization (and perhaps the script, I'm not sure offhand) it was damaged by seismic activity (the same seismic activity that damaged the left "arm" of the Derelict).

Just throwing some trivia out there. :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, as far as I'm aware Cameron didn't know that Dallas switched it off and came up with the idea of the derelict being damaged by a lava flow. The idea was that the lava damaged the transmitter which is why the colonists never knew of its existence.

Ridleygram of the transmitter:

SpaceMarines

Love the Cobb icons. Very nice touch.

Quote from: CelticPred97 on Aug 16, 2014, 01:50:10 PM
"Used the Shotun", "Used the Revolver", "Used the Bolt Gun". So much for no weapons.

"No Weapons!" has changed to some makeshift items, which could be used as weapons, which has changed to a flamethrower and grenades (as seen on demos), which has now become: just no automatic weapons.

I don't think they ever said there'd be no weapons.

WinterActual

Quote from: CelticPred97 on Aug 16, 2014, 01:50:10 PM
"Used the Shotun", "Used the Revolver", "Used the Bolt Gun". So much for no weapons.

"No Weapons!" has changed to some makeshift items, which could be used as weapons, which has changed to a flamethrower and grenades (as seen on demos), which has now become: just no automatic weapons.

Don't worry, all of these are useless.

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. They said there would be but they'd be useless.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I quite like that we can apparently complete the game both with killing people and without. And I'm also feeling the love for the Rob Cobb icons.

And yeah, like Hicks said, they never said there'd be no weapons. They just said they'd be f*ck all use against the Alien.

EDIT: I'm also noticing "Collected 100 archive logs". That's a lotta logs. They better have some interesting info on them.

Vrastal

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 18, 2014, 01:13:59 PM
I quite like that we can apparently complete the game both with killing people and without. And I'm also feeling the love for the Rob Cobb icons.

And yeah, like Hicks said, they never said there'd be no weapons. They just said they'd be f*ck all use against the Alien.

EDIT: I'm also noticing "Collected 100 archive logs". That's a lotta logs. They better have some interesting info on them.

Back story that makes sense would be nice.. but i have little faith in collectables providing fun information

Space Voyager

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2014, 12:13:46 PM
Indeed. They said there would be but they'd be useless.

Against the alien.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nazrel on Aug 19, 2014, 08:53:54 AMBack story that makes sense would be nice.. but i have little faith in collectables providing fun information

You never know. Even ACM had a couple that were interesting, like Newt's mum. And a few of the audio logs in the 2010 AVP were pretty cool (mostly the ones that weren't just Marines bitching about how crap their job is).

Vrastal

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 20, 2014, 07:09:08 AM
Quote from: Nazrel on Aug 19, 2014, 08:53:54 AMBack story that makes sense would be nice.. but i have little faith in collectables providing fun information

You never know. Even ACM had a couple that were interesting, like Newt's mum. And a few of the audio logs in the 2010 AVP were pretty cool (mostly the ones that weren't just Marines bitching about how crap their job is).

There were a few, ACM seeemed to surprisingly good about having some info in their logs, i dont remember too much of it but it has there. id say 1/4 of the logs had relevant backstory that werent just "easter eggs"

Xenomrph

All of the ACM logs from that chief engineer who very obviously understands that the whole project was a bad idea were consistently entertaining.

The one from the scientist who had to kill his own brother was well done, too.

Also most of the text for the generic Marine dogtags spelling out how they died were pretty entertaining.

swarm87

" turned off the beacon" looks interesting, would be cool if you revisit the derelict but i doubt that's what it means

Corporal Hicks

It'd certainly be nice for visual diversity.

I'd also love to play in an Engineer environment in next-gen visuals - and for more than 5 minutes.

HuDaFuK

You never know, there's always the section they cut out to sell back to us later as DLC... :P

On a serious note, I know it's still early days, but I'm wondering what they'll be doing for DLC. As it's singleplayer-only they can't really swamp us with map backs and character skins... We've already got the two Nostromo-based levels we know about. I wonder if they'll be doing any more stand-alone levels for us to play? Some similar stealthy stuff based on Hadley's Hope pre-Aliens could be pretty damn cool. Playing one of the last survivors or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed