Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 270,642 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'm mostly curious to see this extra material.

SM

SM

QuoteI believe Russell is introduced well before that. In a meeting between all the heads. I haven't read the book since the first time so I'm not 100%. I'll have to have a flick through if I get chance.

Anne notices Dione, Cale and Bradford/ Russell 'conspiring' on page 227.  About 2 and half hours later, she notices that they've disappeared.  Can't find a mention before that.

Maybe they caleld Derrick Russell 'Bradford' due to the fact that Russ Jorden is called Russell a few times in the first half, and weren't overly aware of the Fire & Stone storyline yet?  But then, there are two different characters called Nguyen..

Corporal Hicks

I forgot to flick through it - too busy with The Martian, Battlefield Hardline and Star Trek Attack Wing at the minute - but I'm certain he is in the book before that event. If I remember I'll flick through it tonight before I head off out. 

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

The larger size print book for River of Pain refers to Russell as Bradford throughout, whilst the standard size paperback calls him Russell throughout. He is first introduced as Derek Russell in chapter 7.

Corporal Hicks

That's odd about the names. Thanks for the info though - is Chapter 7 where they're having a meeting?

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Yeah, where Brackett meets the science team and Simpson.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Sep 03, 2015, 11:38:37 AM
Yeah, where Brackett meets the science team and Simpson.

Fantastic. Thought so. They establish him as having a separate position to Simpson here, don't they? Lead terraforming engineer or something whilst Simpson runs the colony?

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Yeah something along those lines.

SM

SM

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Sep 03, 2015, 10:09:17 AM
The larger size print book for River of Pain refers to Russell as Bradford throughout, whilst the standard size paperback calls him Russell throughout. He is first introduced as Derek Russell in chapter 7.

Ah, cheers!  Found it.  Guess they fixed it between print runs.

Corporal Hicks

Perfect-Organism

Not for me, but after re-reading the entire Fire N Stone series, I am very excited about the hardcover.  I can't wait to be able to compare events in each comic with a flip of the page.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looks like the hardback is out. Ross from WY Bulletin posted these up.

I asked him to snap anything of interest and he kindly obliged. I've got my copy on order now.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

That's early. Still Nov 5th for UK release according to most retailers who will be stocking it.

Perfect-Organism

Really cool seeing those deacon renderings.  Too bad it didn't play a more active role in that state in the series.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Oct 20, 2015, 03:48:15 PM
That's early. Still Nov 5th for UK release according to most retailers who will be stocking it.

Ross is from the UK. I've ordered mine and it'll be here next Tuesday.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed