Can someone please tell ne what that is ?

Started by dkwookie, Mar 26, 2021, 11:32:51 PM

Author
Can someone please tell ne what that is ? (Read 5,122 times)

BlueMarsalis79

It's his legs and ankles though.

dkwookie

Quote from: SiL on Mar 27, 2021, 12:18:30 AM
Does the BTS shot I posted very clearly showing the positioning of the Alien and its decidedly normal number of limbs not show or something ???

Its a great shot but its not the filmed shot. Scott wanted to make the Alien otherworkdy, hence the crab wslk shot

The_Nostromo_Files

The_Nostromo_Files

I believe that's Eddie Powell in the suit.

[Edited to add second photo with height of suited stuntman, compared to HDS.)

SiL

QuoteIts a great shot but its not the filmed shot. Scott wanted to make the Alien otherworkdy, hence the crab wslk shot
You can see the camera in the lower left corner of the shot with the water cover over the lens.

He made it otherworldly by filming it at a weird angle that made its exact shape hard to distinguish -- hence your confusion.

But that's a foot.

There was no special rig made. What you have outlined is the foot planted on the landing gear while the rest of the body lowers further.

You wanted to know what it was, that's the actual answer. You can keep saying everyone else is wrong, but that's all there is.

PS: It's not Bolaji in the suit. Bolaji didn't like heights and refused to do the shots for the final scene. Powell is in the suit (as above!)

dkwookie

dkwookie

Doesn't matter if its Eddie or Boladji, its not his legs. I repeat, watch the scene in slow mo 0.25 on youtube. How do legs move that way?

Look where the 'apoendage' is in relation to the Alien. Its parallel to its hips for gods sake

SiL

We all repeat:

It's his legs.

The feet are planted and stationary, the rest of the body moves. The torso dips lower than the feet and sways off-center, making the anatomy seem weird from the angle we see.

That's all it is. You can keep saying "no it's not", but you're only ever going to get the same answer.

dkwookie

There is clearly its lower body disappearing behind it. And thats not the tail as that was front facing

And I say, you are all wrong

Huggs

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 27, 2021, 12:15:07 AM
I think we might have a Kane's Sum situation here.

The_Nostromo_Files

Quote from: dkwookie on Mar 27, 2021, 12:29:39 AM
Doesn't matter if its Eddie or Boladji, its not his legs. I repeat, watch the scene in slow mo 0.25 on youtube. How do legs move that way?

Look where the 'apoendage' is in relation to the Alien. Its parallel to its hips for gods sake
Actually, it does matter if it's Eddie. Since it is. And if you were wrong about that detail...  ;)

SiL

https://youtu.be/F4G1Jg1oJt8?t=4156

Watch from here until 1:09:55 and you'll see multiple shots showing that there was no special multi-limb setup, and the feet are where everyone has said they are.

At this point this is really just bad trolling.

dkwookie

Problem with you guys us you want to prove something wrong without thinking outside the box. You have your sets of views and that's it. I saw this film 30 years ago and watched it over 100 tines. I came here for like minds but came across typical closed minded 'experts'

The_Nostromo_Files

Quote from: dkwookie on Mar 27, 2021, 12:42:48 AM
Problem with you guys us you want to prove something wrong without thinking outside the box. You have your sets of views and that's it. I saw this film 30 years ago and watched it over 100 tines. I came here for like minds but came across typical closed minded 'experts'
So I found this clip, which shows the Big Chap swinging down on Brett. I think it provides a good view of what's going on behind the stuntman at around 02:07. Is this the clip you watched? Some of them of this extended scene are very murky.

SiL

You asked a question and got an answer. Then you didn't like the answer and got upset it wasn't what you wanted.

Sounds pretty close-minded to me.

Huggs

Problem with you guys us you want to prove something wrong without thinking outside the box.

I said it was a weenie.

But you wouldn't listen.

SiL

Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 27, 2021, 12:45:42 AM
So I found this clip, which shows the Big Chap swinging down on Brett. I think it provides a good view of what's going on behind the stuntman at around 02:07. Is this the clip you watched? Some of them of this extended scene are very murky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1eF_W_NSWk
This makes it pretty clear it's the thing's ankle and leg. The wiggling is Powell settling into place at the end of the drop. His butt's visible behind Brett's shoulder.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed