Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 434,846 times)

Danversity

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jul 05, 2018, 12:07:14 PM
Seems like there was another test screening, and the reactions were lukewarm.

https://twitter.com/yokis101/status/1013960033271332864

Starting to worry a bit to be honest, the things i saw i like very much, i just hope in the final movie everything plays out nicely and it will be suspenseful, action packed and overall pleasing with likable characters.

But damn... seems they aren't sure yet and testing the hell out of this.

How can we even use that as a reference if the guy didn't go to the test screening? lol

Lionhart

Quote from: Danversity on Jul 05, 2018, 02:39:07 PM

Starting to worry a bit to be honest, the things i saw i like very much, i just hope in the final movie everything plays out nicely and it will be suspenseful, action packed and overall pleasing with likable characters.

How can we even use that as a reference if the guy didn't go to the test screening? lol

My thoughts exactly

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Danversity on Jul 05, 2018, 02:39:07 PM

Click the link again, and read the comments this time.

Lionhart

How can we be sure this guy is not trolling?

Johnny Handsome

We can't, and so is the case with every single report about a potential screening, as a matter of fact.

Danversity

Anyhow... Some films do get tested a lot. Someone pointed here in a different thread that It was tested 9 times, and we all know how that turned out. One way or another, the portion of reactions from test screenings that do get to us are just a small fraction, and some people's opinions don't represent the whole demographic of opinions about it. Suicide Squad had some great test screenings reactions, then the film sucked, I talked to some of the test screeners and asked them if they saw a different cut and they said they didn't, they just liked that movie. The opposite is also perfectly possible. I fully expect The Predator to be at least a little polarizing amongst fans, every great, daring movie is. But I have complete faith on it because of Black. This is a guy who simply knows movies. He's divided opinions before, which doesn't inherently mean his work wasn't great anyway. So whatever reception The Predator ends up getting, I'll still have complete faith on it.

BigDaddyJohn

It would be better to know what type of person goes to those screenings, what is their knowledge in cinema, what is their taste in movies etc... Impossible to know, but it would be decisive in order to know if those opinions are reliable to some extent.

Danversity

I wish any of them would say something about the soundtrack though. I'm dying to see what Jackman's take on it is gonna be like.

BigDaddyJohn

IMDB has finally listed Jake Busey as Sean Keyes  ;)

ace3g

#70 days till The Predator

OpenMaw

So... Uh, apparently... I was blocked by Shane Black on Twitter.

Wow.

I was going to tweet a question to him regarding the soundtrack and if there were plans to include any of the themes from the original films or if they were going with something completely new.

His page is unavailable.

Now, the only other time I tweeted him was jokingly to ask if he was going to include any pussy jokes. "For traditions sake, ya know?" I would have figured it would have given him a laugh if he read it at all.

So, that's... That's interesting.

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 03:07:18 AM

Wow.

I was going to tweet a question to him regarding the soundtrack and if there were plans to include any of the themes from the original films or if they were going with something completely new.

His page is unavailable.

Now, the only other time I tweeted him was jokingly to ask if he was going to include any pussy jokes. "For traditions sake, ya know?" I would have figured it would have given him a laugh if he read it at all.

Well, at least it's nice to be noticed right?

The Shuriken

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 03:07:18 AM

Wow.

His page is unavailable.

That sounds like a mistake, doesn't seem like you did anything to warrant being blocked.

Danversity

Danversity

His account is unavailable here as well. I think there's something wrong with it.

I do want to hear some news on the soundtrack as well though. I'm sure that they're keeping the theme, because for one Henry Jackman has stated that Predator 2 is one of his favorite scores ever and Alan Silvestri a major influence for him, and even if that wasn't the case I'm pretty sure Black insisted to keep the original theme. I'm very curious to hear what Jackman's done with it.

OpenMaw

I hope so! I'd hate to think he'd block someone over a reference to jokes that he wrote:laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed