RIP Bill Paxton

Started by Hubbs, Feb 26, 2017, 03:35:53 PM

Author
RIP Bill Paxton (Read 36,649 times)

Timmay

Timmay

Devastated.  This man was a national treasure.  I can't imagine what it would have been like growing up in the 80s and 90s without Mr. Paxton.

Just a friendly Xenomorph

Just a friendly Xenomorph

My favorite Aliens marine just died, I loved him in so many movies. RIP Bill Paxton, you will always be remembered.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Bill was a freakin LEGEND! It's so sad that I just saw Aliens in the theater a little over a month ago. He was the gift that kept on giving. I really am going to miss him dearly. All the movies and games that He was in will never be the same.
:'( :'( :'(

!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

what f**king surgery ! still cannot believed ! still hurts ...

VanXant

VanXant

i've been a huge fan since i saw Near Dark and other early stuff. i've "known" the guy for over 30 years now, it's almost like losing family.

Lord-Evil

Lord-Evil

The man was so full of life, never thought he'd go :( I really got into the Training Day series on CBS, but I don't know how that show can possibly continue without him ???

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Shame.... :(

Hudson

Hudson

Man. It's Monday. He's still gone...

I haven't really put my thoughts into articulate words yet. I think I'm mostly distraught because Aliens has been my favorite film for my entire life, for different reasons over the years. He played my favorite character. The movie has profoundly influenced the trajectory of my life, to the point that it would be stupid to say that enlisting in the real-life US Marines wasn't in part a result of my obsession with the film, and his role featured prominently means that he has been a part of that. I suppose, Paxton being 61 and me being 28 meant that there was always a chance that my life would outlast his in terms of the year we died. I'm just so shocked that I got to spend less than 30 years of my life watching the path his career took. The dude was a master, a true craftsman to observe in the same way that I think Gary Oldman and Johnny Depp have been. The man could transform himself from one role to another. It's amazing to watch the same guy as Chet and then as astronaut Fred Haise. I should've been more diligent about making it to a convention that he appeared at. I feel like looking back I made excuses to avoid it. I could've met him. I should have tried at least.

I wish I would've been a closer fan in terms of seeing everything he's been in over the years, because now all the catching up I have to do on seeing all of his different appearances have a depressing overtone. I think I'm looking forward to watching Big Love for the first time and also One False Move, which I haven't seen yet. But I'm happy to have seen him pop up in Commando or The Terminator, or Titanic and I've always been a fan of Twister, Predator 2, True Lies, and Apollo 13 among other roles. I thought he was good in Nightcrawler and I recently saw Near Dark for the first time a few years back, perhaps as recently as four years ago for the first time. Classic. And always Aliens.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I can't believe it... I'm still reeling from the news. We just loss Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds and John Hurt. Now Bill Paxton? This doesn't seem real. Bill was an amazing actor and such an awesome individual. He will be sorely missed. :'(

Olde

Olde

Rest in peace, Private Hudson.

Kailem

Kailem

I was on my way back home from an internet-free weekend away and checking my friend's phone for some music when I randomly saw the news on a Google search and dismissed it as obviously not real. Then I got home and found out it was. :(

I know it's always surprising when a celebrity you've "known" for years dies, but this one really did come out of the blue. He was always one of those people I liked seeing in anything he was in, and was happy when he'd pop up out of nowhere in something I was watching, like Edge of Tomorrow recently. Of course Hudson will pretty much always be his most famous role, but he was great in many other things too. I always thought A Simple Plan was a very underrated film, and he completely carried that whole thing.

And he always seemed like such a nice guy in real life, always going out of his way to give a "game over, man!" to an appreciative convention crowd with only good things to say about his fellow actors and movie makers. Really sucky news indeed.

Thanks for all your great work over many years and many movies, Mr Paxton. You will be missed.

Kimo

Kimo

My sister tragically passed away around the same time  Bill Paxton did. It was hard trying to escape reality by going on AVP Galaxy to escape my sister's sudden death.. However within 24hours of my sister passing away I suddenly find out one of my favourite childhood actor's also died.. :( RIP Bill Paxton.

Man talk about having a shitty week. :( Btw I am not looking for any sympathy I just find it surreal how life can kick you up the arse when you are not expecting it.

At least the new trailer has put a tiny smile on my face.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

I am sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is to lose a close loved one. It has a way of really reminding a person of just how fragile and precious life really is.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Thankfully the trailer gave you a smile back.

Kimo

Kimo

Cheers guys much appreciated.

I just notice I put in my last post "one of my favourite childhood actors also died." I was meaning to say, one of my favourite actors from my childhood. Dam predicted text on my phone.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed