Charles Bishop & Peter: two sides of the same character

Started by Oasis Nadrama, Feb 03, 2019, 01:01:35 AM

Author
Charles Bishop & Peter: two sides of the same character (Read 5,954 times)

Frosty Venom

Just used to all the other iterations showing the host being awake for some time before the chestbursting I suppose.

How you gonna keep screaming whilst a tube is forced down your throat and ejaculates it's payload into you? Also if the only reason why the facehugger stayed on Kane was to provide him oxygen, why didn't it hop off the moment they entered the ship?

You think it doesn't take long for Ripley in Alien 3? It takes the entire film! Though it is a Queen.

SM

QuoteHow you gonna keep screaming whilst a tube is forced down your throat and ejaculates it's payload into you?

Depends how far it gets down there.

QuoteAlso if the only reason why the facehugger stayed on Kane was to provide him oxygen, why didn't it hop off the moment they entered the ship?

Is the only reason to provide him oxygen?

You think it doesn't take long for Ripley in Alien 3? It takes the entire film! Though it is a Queen.

Answered your own question.

The Cruentus

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 04, 2019, 09:25:14 AM
Well, here's a couple things- it's a very different scenario what we see in Alien, because it's simultaneously protecting Kane from the atmosphere of LV-426 as well as performing it's basic function (After a long, long nap). Aliens- we don't see anyone Facehugged, no barometer whatsoever except for a company log claiming  someone died prior to embryo plantation. It doesn't take that long in AlienĀ³ for Ripley or the Ox/Dog.
Something I feel people overlook regarding Covenant is, despite the way it's edited- it's night time when the Facehugger gets Oram but then morning when we see the full grown Alien, similarly we don't know how much time passes between them relaxing on the Covenant and Oram's chestburst- long enough for Daniels to fall asleep anyway.

So, no it's not the same as AVP 2004- because AVP 2004 had microwave chestbursters, Covenant has no such thing. What Covenant instead says by contrast between Oram and Lope, is that the Facehugger may have a myriad of reasons for staying onboard but it doesn't necessarily need to.

We see Russ facehugged and the novel/comic states it was on his face for over 24 hours. As for the colonist that had the hugger removed, he was found like that so who knows how long he had it on him, but he obviously wasn't impregnated in seconds otherwise the hugger would be dead, fact he wasn't impregnated when the hugger removed shows that Covenant changed the nature of what a hugger can do when it is being forcibly removed.

Quote from: SM on Feb 04, 2019, 10:03:05 AM
Screaming is going to make it easier for the hugger.  And the Hadley colonist burst right after she woke up too and she'd been there quite some time.

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 04, 2019, 09:25:14 AM
Well, here's a couple things- it's a very different scenario what we see in Alien, because it's simultaneously protecting Kane from the atmosphere of LV-426 as well as performing it's basic function (After a long, long nap). Aliens- we don't see anyone Facehugged, no barometer whatsoever except for a company log claiming  someone died prior to embryo plantation. It doesn't take that long in AlienĀ³ for Ripley or the Ox/Dog.
Something I feel people overlook regarding Covenant is, despite the way it's edited- it's night time when the Facehugger gets Oram but then morning when we see the full grown Alien, similarly we don't know how much time passes between them relaxing on the Covenant and Oram's chestburst- long enough for Daniels to fall asleep anyway.

So, no it's not the same as AVP 2004- because AVP 2004 had microwave chestbursters, Covenant has no such thing. What Covenant instead says by contrast between Oram and Lope, is that the Facehugger may have a myriad of reasons for staying onboard but it doesn't necessarily need to.

The Alien 3 gestation for Spike is on a par with Kane (how long the hugger was attached, harder to say).

We do have some idea in regards to Oram and Lope due to the planets rotation (about 7 hours 20 minutes), axial tilt, and Mother being offline for up to 4 hours.  However, there's enough room in those numbers to account for gestation in terms of hours rather than the sub-10 minutes of AvP, and less than that again to grow to full size.

Gestation may be hours but it seems implantation in that movie is instant.

About the cocooned woman, we have no idea how long she was there for, but yeah it seems she was there for awhile, I don't think she was only now waking up though, she might have woke up before like Kane, but being cocooned there is probably nothing better to do except wait to die and sleep again (that is assuming she was unconscious) Speculation on my part of course, we have no idea if she was only just coming out of the coma or not.

Quote from: SM on Feb 04, 2019, 10:10:41 AM
QuoteHow you gonna keep screaming whilst a tube is forced down your throat and ejaculates it's payload into you?

Depends how far it gets down there.

QuoteAlso if the only reason why the facehugger stayed on Kane was to provide him oxygen, why didn't it hop off the moment they entered the ship?

Is the only reason to provide him oxygen?

Verheiden couldn't speak at all except making gagging sounds, whereas Lope was shouting "get it off me" with no real obstruction.

Doesn't the WYR say the hugger stays attached hours after impregnation to make sure the implant is secure? so its not just oxygen, or toxin regulation, but probably to make sure what it implanted in Kane was not going to be stopped.

Frosty Venom

Just going to have to put the differences in life cycle between Alien Covenant and the rest of the franchise down to the Planet 4 Xenomorphs being a unique strain.

SiL

The actor who played Lope said he got infected through the acid burn on his cheek.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 12:25:03 PM
The actor who played Lope said he got infected through the acid burn on his cheek.

Oh no. That's worse than the idea of Xenomorphs having the ability to regenerate completely after death.

SiL

It was during Hicks' cast interview during the press junket. I think I might have edited it out of the final version because it was in part of a very long, rambling response that didn't actually answer the question.

The Cruentus

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 12:25:03 PM

I remember hearing about that, still doesn't make sense but that would tell us two things however, especially if you count Cold Forge, one is that the Plagiarus praepotenss is stored in the sacs, so its not just for oxygen and two, Blue is then apparently right in her belief that simple contact with the stuff is enough to infect you, especially if it gets into a wound.
I still don't like what happened in covenant though, but that is the way they have gone.

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 12:31:05 PM
It was during Hicks' cast interview during the press junket. I think I might have edited it out of the final version because it was in part of a very long, rambling response that didn't actually answer the question.

Do you remember what words were said or do you have a transcript/audio of it before it was edited out?

Corporal Hicks

I'll probably still have the SD cards at home but I'll have to check after work.

SiL

He said something along the lines of "It got me through the cheek, who would've guessed!"

Unfortunately I don't have the raw files any more, so we'll have to wait for Hicks to check.

Frosty Venom

Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 04, 2019, 12:33:17 PM
I remember hearing about that, still doesn't make sense but that would tell us two things however, especially if you count Cold Forge, one is that the Plagiarus praepotenss is stored in the sacs, so its not just for oxygen and two, Blue is then apparently right in her belief that simple contact with the stuff is enough to infect you, especially if it gets into a wound.
I still don't like what happened in covenant though, but that is the way they have gone.

Hmm, interesting theory. I could possibly get behind that.

Still Collating...

We heard this before. Are we going with the David did it when giving him the bandage for his cheek? Did he spike it like he did Holloway's drink? Or are we saying that when Lope was burned with acid, the seed from the Hugger leaked in as well?

SiL

The latter. The hugger got him through the cheek hole.\

(Is what the actor claimed.)

Frosty Venom

Which makes no sense because the acid burned a hole in his cheek after the facehugging.

SiL

It didn't actually get him at first; it got him as they were pulling it off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed