The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel

Started by felix, Dec 13, 2017, 09:51:09 PM

Author
The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel (Read 48,865 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'm re-reading this again in prep for a podcast and I'm still enjoying it a second time around.

Wysps

Quote from: gabgrave on Aug 18, 2018, 09:56:24 AM
Not sure if it's been posted before, but here is a new review of the movie tie in novel.
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/the-predator/275741/what-we-learned-from-the-predator-hunters-and-hunted-prequel-novel
Some interesting write up and comparison with the franchise.

Thanks for sharing.  A reminder that I really need to buy and read this before the movie comes out  :laugh:

Dannyboy

Just finished this! I loath the character build up of the reapers, as well as traeger and woodhurst. Certainly one for the books! Pun intended ;D

Corporal Hicks

Dannyboy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 25, 2018, 06:07:12 PM
Loath or love?
Should've  been love. Got my words mixed up again....

Wweyland

I wonder if the Edward James Olmos character that was cut from the movie is in this book. Maybe General Elliot?

Corporal Hicks

He is. It's General Woodhurst.

Wweyland

Really enjoying this book. Another page turner like Cold Forge.

EJA

It states there's been no contact with Predators since P2, right? Not sure I like that very much.

Corporal Hicks

Not so much. It's more a case of there's been nothing with proper solid evidence since P2.

Wweyland

Almost done with this. Are any other characters from this going to appear in the movie apart from Keyes and Traeger (and the cut Woodhurst)?

Corporal Hicks

Not as far as we know.

Huggs

Just finished it. I give it a 1/5 overall.

Corporal Hicks

Shimmering Canopy

Shimmering Canopy

great podcast guys as always, thanks!
agree with most points-loved the novel! gotta say, those awsome fight chapters never dragged to me :0) if anything couldnt stop biting my fingernails throughout!

ditto for the neat P2 continuity. Always wondered what ever happened to the trail of tech the pred in P2 left behind.
Kind of makes him look quite incompetent when you stop to think about it.
Let's see: He left behind:
spear tip (colombian penthouse). spear (rooftop aircon box). mask, shoulder cannon (abattoir). gauntlet,
breather (alley, after falling from rooftop). medicomp (gran's bathroom).
(man, it was probably glad it died by the hands of harrigan, as he'd been a laughing stock in the pred homeworld :0)...!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed