J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Dec 11, 2018, 11:10:33 PM

Author
J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien" (Read 48,154 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, indeed, didn't get that for a long time.

Mr. Clemens

Just finally finished this (I was taking my sweet time). I didn't know Mr. Kotto had served in Vietnam!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2019, 11:40:15 AM
Those of you who spotted error, J.W has asked we email them over so he can correct them in future printings.

Here are mine:

• Page 268, left column, line 2: "Geiger" should be Giger (obviously)
  • Page 277, right column, lines 8 & 10: "sound palate". This should be 'palette', like a painter's palette. A 'palate' is the roof of one's mouth (and while we're on the subject, a 'pallet' is a wooden or plastic slab upon which cargo is moved with a forklift).
  • Page 283, right column, line 26: same thing
  • Page 324, left column, line 35: "five years" - it was six years between the release of Aliens and Alien3.

It's a great book - hope my 'solicited nitpicks' can help make it even better!  ;D

Elmazalman

I wish the layout could be improved for a future edition. The most interesting (new) images are so bloody tiny I need a magnifying glass to study them.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, indeed, I think that is required.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

For those who can't be arsed reading, you can join us at Aliens Gateway Station ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/AliensGatewayStation/ ) for another episode of #Storytime with muthur9000.
We are currently reading Chapter 4 of The Making of Alien by J.W.Rinzler.

The Old One

The Old One

It going up on your YT?

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

That's great to hear, now give me Aliens and AlienĀ³ lol

StrangeShape

Since Covenant left a bad taste in my mouth and made me take a break from the mythology for a while, I just learned of this book recently. How does it stock up against Alien The Archive? I thought that was pretty definitive? Will get it nevertheless but just curious

HuDaFuK

I honestly thought The Archive was anything but definitive. I was actually really disappointed by it - it felt really lightweight and other than a couple of tidbits for Resurrection I don't remember it telling me anything that wasn't already out there.

By all accounts, Rinzler's book is lightyears more comprehensive and illuminating.

Mr. Clemens

After you finish reading this book, you're gonna feel like YOU worked on the movie.  :D

Corporal Hicks

I can't recommend Rinzler's book enough. Shits all over the Archive.

felix

felix

Hope we get the Aliens book this Sept.

StrangeShape

How about the Alien Vault then? How does it compare to that?

Corporal Hicks

Better than the Vault too. It's simply the most detailed look at the production of the film as of yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed